More transfer rumours

midds

9 minutes ago, dcmk said:

If we win at the weekend and Burnley lose.  Does it make us ever so slightly more desirable / less risk.

If only our takeover had went through last May.

They've got Watford the following Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, dcmk said:

If we win at the weekend and Burnley lose.  Does it make us ever so slightly more desirable / less risk.

If only our takeover had went through last May.

It can't hurt. Cambridge was potentially so damaging for this given its press coverage, even if being out of the cup is more beneficial to focussing on the league. A good performance and win at the weekend would set us straighter, revive some more hope and most people will forget quickly when the last game played was a win. 

Simply can't see a reality where top tier players would pick us over clubs like Manure, in this window at least. Heck Villa are more attractive. We lucked out with Trippier but he had a previous relationship with Howe, is British and wanted to return home. Foreign players without any attachment will be harder to convince. Almost feels like time wasted chasing dream players when we can just get solid players that will keep us up and get them imbedded. I doubt we would be chasing any big name players without encouragement though, just a shame so far we seem to have been chasing shadows.

Just now, Belfast Boy said:

Still hope we will get a CB in for Watford but listening to the radio there, Hassenhutl saying no way is JWP for sale. But the whole club just got bought for £100m, got to be worth a bid and see how strong the new owners resolve is.

Or trigger his [as yet undisclosed] release clause.

6 minutes ago, adamjk007 said:

Luke Edwards mentioned a CB this morning and that confidence was growing, would be some statement if it was Carlos. 

Is he good?  I don't know much about him except his temperament can be, at times, very suspect.

6 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Is he good?  I don't know much about him except his temperament can be, at times, very suspect.

Looked good when I've watched him but prone to an error now and again, still miles better than what we have.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

According to my research [Diego Carlos - Stats 21/22 | Transfermarkt] he has only had 1 yellow card in La Liga, all season. 19 games. Sounds pretty good for a radgie CB in one of the best defences in Spain.

And in a league notorious for radge fouls and lots of yellow/red cards if I’m not mistaken?

Edited by HTT II

26 minutes ago, adamjk007 said:

Luke Edwards mentioned a CB this morning and that confidence was growing, would be some statement if it was Carlos. 

Tim Vickery mentioned us with a left sided centre half from Feyenoord he rates highly. Couldn’t recall his name but is from Argentina.  

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marcos-senesi/profil/spieler/469781

Edited by LFEE

Fellani has been linked today! As much as we do need a midfielder I don't think a 34yr old whose been playing in China for however long is the answer. Don't see why anyone would bother starting such a ridiculous rumour though.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Fellani has been linked today! As much as we do need a midfielder I don't think a 34yr old whose been playing in China for however long is the answer. Don't see why anyone would bother starting such a ridiculous rumour though.

Fellaini wants out of China would be my guess.