More transfer rumours

midds

I know nothing of Van De Beek, having had my head out of football for so long, but a quick google confuses me.

Metro says he wants to leave this window, fair enough so far....

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/14/manchester-united-star-donny-van-de-beek-decides-to-leave-club-in-january-transfer-window-15598721/

In there it says "United are in a strong position given the midfielder has over three years to run on his deal but his stock has plummeted given he’s barely kicked a ball in 18 months." However Wikipedia says he played 36 games in all competitions last year, and has played in 13 so far this season. That seems to be stretching the concept of "barely kicked a ball" quite a bit when I went there expecting a Phil Jones level of footballing participation.

54 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I think they will feel that they have "done their work for Saturday's match v Watford" and that the subsequent acquisitions - though still urgent to be done by end of January - do not actually need to be done before this Saturday.

So, they are likely to be the younger, non-UK, more expensive purchases for the defence and midfield, and (perhaps) also another up-front.

Yep. They'd have liked a CB in as well obviously, but if they can't get the one they want, they'll wait until they can. Only two games this month, while they are important, we can't fix the problems with 5th or 6th choice signings, look where that got us under Ashley. 

With the amount of time the club has taken to get Trippier and Wood officially signed, think it's irrelevant when the registration deadline for the Watford game is anyways. Howe would have planned all week with what we have. Get in a CB and a LB before the Leeds game and we'll be better. Just got to go with what we have for Saturday now.

The rest of the month after the Leeds game will be more crucial, a marquee CM possibly?

Edited by nufcjb

Just now, STM said:

I wonder whether a loan for DVB might be more straight forward given his agent issues. I suspect man utd are quite keen on getting him away.

But aren't Man U one of the clubs who are furious about our takeover? I would think they'd be top of the list who are refusing to sell/loan players to us. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

But aren't Man U one of the clubs who are furious about our takeover? I would think they'd be top of the list who are refusing to sell/loan players to us. 

Alot of hot air. If we are prepared to pay them a significant loan fee and perhaps 20m for him in the summer, they won't care less.

Man Utd don't have morals, otherwise they wouldn't have tried to jump ship to the SL last year.

In the end, clubs look after their own interests.

One thing I'm keen on seeing.. is how we react to any other movement. For example we have seen Digne move to Villa, do we now look at Targett? Arsenal are looking at CMs, is there someone there who we could look at?

I think alot of our work later in the window needs to be off the back of a fluid situation at other clubs.

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

Only because it wasn't them.

When a big fat cheque comes their way they'll bend over like any two bit whore

I'd say it would be Tottenham that would be the most un-co-operative, as they're the most likely to lose out when we get back to the top.

Edited by gjohnson

If we were forced into signing a CB from the PL. Would Rafa be tempted with a decent bid for Micheal Keane?

P.S Don't scoff, we have to think like the club might think.

We also don't have a chance of Burnleys centre backs, so that's gone. I can't see Wolves letting Coady go.

We may end up with Phil Jones at this rate. :lol:

8 minutes ago, STM said:

If we were forced into signing a CB from the PL. Would Rafa be tempted with a decent bid for Micheal Keane?

P.S Don't scoff, we have to think like the club might think.

We also don't have a chance of Burnleys centre backs, so that's gone. I can't see Wolves letting Coady go.

We may end up with Phil Jones at this rate. :lol:

Unless they have a buyout 😂