Phillips

Jones

Burn

Dunk (30, might be tempted to cash in)

Holgate

Keane

Cody

Mee and Tarkowski :lol: imagine

There's some names. Dan Burn is from Blyth but by that metric we should bring back Colback.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

John Stones

Christensen

Diop

Chambers

Rodon

Phillips

Jones

Burn

Dunk (30, might be tempted to cash in)

Holgate

Keane

Cody

Mee and Tarkowski :lol: imagine

There's some names. Dan Burn is from Blyth but by that metric we should bring back Colback.

Stones is injured which rules out him and also Ake who I think would've been a no brainer otherwise.

Rodon I would take for sure, on loan with an option to buy ideally.

20 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m surprised we haven’t been linked with Gareth Bale

Dean Saunders was going on about him last night on talkshite. Reckons he's a better player than anyone Newcastle are interested in and can't understand why we aren't.

4 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Dean Saunders was going on about him last night on talkshite. Reckons he's a better player than anyone Newcastle are interested in and can't understand why we aren't.

Because he'd spend more time at Close House than he would at Benton.

7 minutes ago, maze said:

Why not have a look at say... the best players from the top 6 i Championship?

If Blackburn weren't doing as well as they are I would say Brereton Diaz would be one to go for. Can't see them completely screwing there chance at Premier League football again by selling him though.

I've been reduced to googling "football release clause" and seeing what the options are.

Really doesn't look like release clauses in the 20-30m range, which seems like what we're going for, are all that commoin.

Edited by oldtype

8 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Dean Saunders also said it wasn’t fair that we bought Wood and made some shite story up about Brian Clough.

Bloke is an absolute whopper.

18 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Cyle Larin on the move for €5 million, why were we not all over that. Not too fussed about Wood but there’s player out there much better value.

Think he would be a great short term fit for us and low cost. Covers a lot of ground on both ends of the pitch. Not sure he is moving yet? Was it this you saw? 

6 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

What the x-axis? 

if Y is "actual goal contributions per 90", X axis is probably the "expected goal contributions per 90" stat seen in those little detail boxes. upper-left players are the overperformers.

31 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Cyle Larin on the move for €5 million, why were we not all over that. Not too fussed about Wood but there’s player out there much better value.

I'm not sure we say with confidence that a winger who's never played at a higher level than the Turkish Super League is a better fit than a proven Premier League goal scorer.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Makes sense. I think a lot of the Botman, Carlos type deals will normalise (relatively for our basket case of a club) when they see their window for maximising the sale slowly shut.