More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

0.6. Longstaff is somehow worse. But yeah our midfield is a joke. 0.9 tackles for Jonjo as well. 

I think we have the worst mid in the league 

It's why it used to annoy me when people had a go at Tiote or Diame. Tbh, I used to even get fed up with criticism of Amdy Faye even though he wasn't really a footballer, only because he at least attempted to close the opposition down. Seems like forever we've been buying midfielders with no engine or bite. We get the wool pulled over our eyes with the odd fancy pass, while the rest of the time the opposition run rings round us. 

Just now, TRon said:

It's why it used to annoy me when people had a go at Tiote or Diame. Tbh, I used to even get fed up with criticism of Amdy Faye even though he wasn't really a footballer, only because he at least attempted to close the opposition down. Seems like forever we've been buying midfielders with no engine or bite. We get the wool pulled over our eyes with the odd fancy pass, while the rest of the time the opposition run rings round us. 

I know he was frustrating at times, but man do i miss Tiote kicking the living shit out of everyone up and down the pitch [emoji38]

R.I.P. big man

Just now, ManDoon said:

So city have an average possession of 70% which is well yeah. We have 36 (second only to Norwich woo). So not only do we not turn the ball over much, we can’t fucking keep it 

No doubt about it, we are awful in midfield and have been for years. Shelvey used to be at least good a few goals from balls over the top. Cant remember the last time we've scored from one of those. Longstaff is like a deer in the headlights, Willock looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. hendrick.... the less said the better. We literally need an upgrade in every facet. Someone to protect the back line, someone to control the tempo, and someone to carry the ball forward. Shocking state thanks to Ashley

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

0.6. Longstaff is somehow worse. But yeah our midfield is a joke. 0.9 tackles for Jonjo as well. 

I think we have the worst mid in the league 

Jesus. Must have been absolutely atrocious in every other fixture because I remember 2 vividly Vs Man United, one of which was for our goal.

7 hours ago, Minhosa said:

If you could only have 3 more signings this window, bearing in mind what you feel we need to give us the best shot of survival, which 3 (in order) do you pick?

Must be players we've been linked with lately.

For me,

1) Carlos

2) Botman

3) Kamara

I've gone for Carlos slightly ahead of Botman based purely on the fact he's in his prime and should be 'ready' from the off whereas Botman might need a bit more of an adjustment period...

Kamara because we absolutely need legs in midfield.

1) Kamara

2) Carlos

3) Fofana

Just now, Ikon said:

Isn't he more of a left sided midfielder? I assume he plays LB too? 

Left back - gets in the box to score too

entering final 18 months of contract 

can get him for 20-25m I reckon 

17 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Looks like an absolute powerhouse. Put him in the same team as Botman, Carlos and Trippier, and forwards would putting the white flag up before they reached the halfway line. 

25 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Gosens my number 1 left back choice 

he is literally the guy we need 

Same. He'd be the best Lb in the league. If they are tempted at 25m offer 30mand get it done. 

Why were we not sorting these deals out with these clubs in December so they all went through in January or were further to finishing? It feels like we waited until 1st Jan and then started making contact. 2 in is good, but a new high quality CB and CM for this game would have been huge.

49 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Left back - gets in the box to score too

entering final 18 months of contract 

can get him for 20-25m I reckon 

He's not though really. Atalanta play with wing backs and a back 3. The wing backs are basically wide players the way they play. Hence the excellent goal record he has.

Germany also switched to a back 3 to accommodate him when his form was too good to ignore.

Fantastic player but like I say orthodox left back would basically be trying him in a new position.

Edited by ponsaelius