More transfer rumours

midds

None of this makes any sense re: Hammond. He’s been literally mentioned by the journalists for nearly 20 days now and he’s apparently not there anymore and nobody has picked this up until now?

1 hour ago, LV said:

Anyone got access to the times who can post the article or at least the gist of what happened to Hammond? 

Ok so it doesn’t say why Hammond left so quickly. 

Based on the last few years our CB are all suited for a back three because of the holes in their game.  The same goes for our CM.  

play a 3-5-2 with Trips and Lewis as true WB.  Have ASM play off Wood/Wilson.  Let Willock ghost into the box.  Have Shelvey and a real holding MF play a tad deeper and bring in a commanding CB to anchor the back 3.

So at the minimum we need a CM and CB for sure.  I'd also like to see another CM to replace Shelvey, a LB to push Lewis and another CB.

of course, I wouldn't say no to an Ekitike or any other younger player with upside at any position.

Watford have made four signings for a relative pittance already this transfer window, three of whom played today and managed to look like footballers and athletes. Meanwhile we've been busy convincing ourselves of a job well done after splashing £25 million on Chris Wood. I know that none of the movers and shakers at our club have been in their positions for all that long, but there are deals to be had which don't involve protracted negotiations or acts of desperation for heavily inflated fees.

2 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

Watford have made four signings for a relative pittance already this transfer window, three of whom played today and managed to look like footballers and athletes. Meanwhile we've been busy convincing ourselves of a job well done after splashing £25 million on Chris Wood. I know that none of the movers and shakers at our club have been in their positions for all that long, but there are deals to be had which don't involve protracted negotiations or acts of desperation for heavily inflated fees.

In fairness Watford are a unique situation in that they can transfer players between their affiliated teams (Udinese) so easily.

But doesn’t excuse how terrible our recruitment operation is.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

I just don't trust Eddie Howe to pick the right players. 

This, do not let him have the sway at all. Him talking about loving a big man up front signing and we spunking 25 on a player that has been gash the whole seasong and showed that he isnt suited to whatever howe is trying.