More transfer rumours

midds

If you look at our formation it’s basically a flat 3 in mid - Fraser wide - ASM on the other side - then you have Longstaff pressing (well attempting to) leaving the useless Shelvey exposed 

there’s no function to the mid - no structure - no tactical discipline - basically 5 individuals 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I disagree that Joelinton isn't a central midfielder like. I think he clearlly is.

He”s a left sided midfielder in a 3 - I agree 

the issue is that this leaves no room for a 10

We basically play a flat 3 - ASM on the left in his own - Fraser is there no make up the numbers - leaving an entire space between the mid and Wood - the solution isn’t to keep on crossing it to Wood - we need to play behind him 

4 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It’s got to the point now where we need to stop messing about and start putting daft bids in for top players, this current squad isn’t staying up.

It doesn’t have to be top players, we just need better players and right now there are a lot of players way better than what we have even if they are not top players themselves. Look at Watford yesterday with their new CM signing.

I don't even think he's necessarily a left sided centre mid, that's just where he's been playing. I cannot see any reason why Shelvey gets in ahead of the defence instead of him? 

Like watching Joelinton play I'm just not seeing what others are apparently seeing that suggests he needs to be the left of a centre 3? I think Shelvey needs to be on the right of a centre 3 if we insist on playing him as he can drift wide to find space. Like Longstaff was doing yesterday 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

It doesn’t have to be top players, we just need better players and right now there are a lot of players way better than what we have even if they are not top players themselves. Look at Watford yesterday with their new CM signing.

The problem is unless we bid daft money clubs won’t sell, Botman for example , if we just put in a daft £50 million bid we will get him, who cares if he’s not worth that really, if we can spend £25 million on Wood money is obviously no issue. We need to stop messing about and worrying about overpaying and just get these deals done.

Just now, Geogaddi said:

The problem is unless we bid daft money clubs won’t sell, Botman for example , if we just put in a daft £50 million bid we will get him, who cares if he’s not worth that really, if we can spend £25 million on Wood money is obviously no issue. We need to stop messing about and worrying about overpaying and just get these deals done.

Oh I agree, if it takes 50m to get him, do it, but again I’m saying we could improve on say Lascelles or Shelvey without having to go daft, as Watford have done for example. It probably says more about our poor scouting network or lack of and the incompetence of the team doing the whole recruitment and signing stuff.

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't even think he's necessarily a left sided centre mid, that's just where he's been playing. I cannot see any reason why Shelvey gets in ahead of the defence instead of him? 

Like watching Joelinton play I'm just not seeing what others are apparently seeing that suggests he needs to be the left of a centre 3? I think Shelvey needs to be on the right of a centre 3 if we insist on playing him as he can drift wide to find space. Like Longstaff was doing yesterday 

The reason Joelinton is doing well in midfield is because he's strong in terms of protecting the ball and can drive from deep.

However he cannot play Infront of the back four and start picking the ball off the defenders and starting attacks because his passing range is no where near good enough.

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

Wood I think will turn out to be a terrible signing 

He’ll do well for us in the Championship…

27 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

The reason Joelinton is doing well in midfield is because he's strong in terms of protecting the ball and can drive from deep.

However he cannot play Infront of the back four and start picking the ball off the defenders and starting attacks because his passing range is no where near good enough.

Again not seen anything to suggest this is the case at all like, it just seems like something we're jumping to. His passing range is probably no worse than Kante's anyway.

17 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Two new midfielders in this team, drop Joelinton, put a proper number 10 in. Joelinton only really looks good at the moment because the rest of them are shite 

Completely disagree. He and Trippier are the only two worth keeping I reckon.

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Again not seen anything to suggest this is the case at all like, it just seems like something we're jumping to. His passing range is probably no worse than Kante's anyway.

He's also the starting point for a fair few counter attacking moves we've seen these past few weeks too. 

20 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Two new midfielders in this team, drop Joelinton, put a proper number 10 in. Joelinton only really looks good at the moment because the rest of them are shite 

Drop Joelinton?!

He's looked very good against very good opposition too.