More transfer rumours

midds

Think that's main point, we conceded 1 goal but should have tried to get a 2nd after ASM scored, we were pathetic attacking, slow as fuck and disjointed. We need a centre midfield for starters, a centre half or 2 and some training on creating chances because we couldn't hit the target or open them up at all, still relying on magic from ASM to get something

5 minutes ago, nufc4eva said:

Think that's main point, we conceded 1 goal but should have tried to get a 2nd after ASM scored, we were pathetic attacking, slow as fuck and disjointed. We need a centre midfield for starters, a centre half or 2 and some training on creating chances because we couldn't hit the target or open them up at all, still relying on magic from ASM to get something

Absolutely this, it’s like watching a Steve Bruce team the only difference being the team now sits 15 yards further up the pitch under Howe, but plays exactly the same way 

Edited by nufcnick

There's a fair chance we go down this season as too much to unpick and a load of shit players, will need to rebuild and come back stronger which I think we will.

I would be given Howe this season and into next no matter what league we are in. The squad is in a shocking state in terms of talent and capability.

It's hard to take but the damage was done long before Howe took over and another relegation was always on the cards

36 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Schar was in the position he had been in all game(the left footed CB position) Captain catastrophe was once again in no man’s land like so many games this season which has cost us so many points 

see for yourself, I don’t see him challenging 2 players considering 1 of them is on the floor 

6bGf6IY.jpg

I think you've been canny with your choice of shot. Firstly I think Lascelles is very very limited, I think Schar is an intelligent and talented footballer, but a limited defender who lacks heart and positional sense as an out and out defender - he's a luxury and needs to play in a three.

However, Lascelles was marking his man, he then got bumped, his guy feel to the floor and the goalscorer had a run on him as Trippier let him through. I'm not sure what Lascelles could have done in this situation. Yes he's shite but let's get the facts right. Schar was way out of position, he got sucked in towards Dummet. Tripper made little attempt to stop, block or jump the striker and Lascelles tried to jump, but having made contact with his man, he had no momentum to get the height.  Communication was piss poor around but it was not one mans fault.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

23 minutes ago, nufc4eva said:

Howe was criticising his players for sitting back on a goal lead, he actually said that we should have gone for the killer second which I agree with. The players are still stuck in Bruce mode which is a problem. 

Just now, TRon said:

Howe was criticising his players for sitting back on a goal lead, he actually said that we should have gone for the killer second which I agree with. The players are still stuck in Bruce mode which is a problem. 

Which is where a few more signings still give us a chance at transforming the side 

11 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

I think you've been canny with your choice of shot. Firstly I think Lascelles is very very limited, I think Schar is an intelligent and talented footballer, but a limited defender who lacks heart and positional sense as an out and out defender - he's a luxury and needs to play in a three.

However, Lascelles was marking his man, he then got bumped, his guy feel to the floor and the goalscorer had a run on him as Trippier let him through. I'm not sure what Lascelles could have done in this situation. Yes he's shite but let's get the facts right. Schar was way out of position, he got sucked in towards Dummet. Tripper made little attempt to stop, block or jump the striker and Lascelles tried to jump, but having made contact with his man, he had no momentum to get the height.  Communication was piss poor around but it was not one mans fault.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. If Lascelles gets replaced tomorrow I'll be as happy as most here, but I don't see why he should take the blame for others on that goal. 

8 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

I disagree that schar was out of position, it’s the central defenders job on the side that the play is coming from to go toward the near post to cut out a low ball to the near post so you don’t get a low ball going across no man’s land and that’s where schar was doing, yes trippier let the guy get a run at the ball and should have blocked him, but Captain catastrophe didn’t try to attack the ball at any time 

The players couldn't push forward because they don't have the legs. It's no surprise we concede so many late goals when so many players can't do a full 90 minutes. We either drop deep or get done on the counter. Watford looked clueless for much of the game but suddenly came to life because they were easily winning chases and second balls and easily beating our players for pace.

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

TBH I sick of hearing who were in for, all I want to see is we have agreed a fee, we could be in for Kante and virgil van dijk it means fuck all if we can’t agree a fee

Probably best off not coming in this thread then 😂

8 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Shelvey is not playing bad to be fair but a combative DM who plays his role would make a big difference to our team. 

He's always there or there abouts when defending that area, and does apply pressure quite well but doesn't have the skillset to dispossess like a true DM can. 

A CD, followed by a DM should be our absolute priorities, but a RW should be in the mix too to give us a bit of attacking balance.

Shelvey is absolute garbage, man.  All of our CMs are.