More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I’d be surprised if it was us, like. I did note Auclair was in the replies saying “please no”. Didn’t realise he now has it in for us after the takeover.

He gives me major pervy Geography teacher vibes.

14 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Christ, don’t think I could watch us play if we signed him. Would be bricking it every time he played.

Aye. Surely it will constantly be on his mind as well. Think how hesitant you are when you come back from a hammy or something, you'd have to have an unbelievable mentality to play at 100% knowing you have a dodgy ticker. 

He has a device fitted which regulates his heart beat - apparently Italy have rules that you can't play professionally with it but he has been training with his first club I think - would have balls of steel to play again but can't imagine the insurance premiums on the contract

I love Eriksen as a player, but Christ he's in no way suited to life in this shit show where there'll be so much pressure on him to perform week in and week out.

A nostalgic return to Spurs and a few cameos before the end of the season would be great for him

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I love Eriksen as a player, but Christ he's in no way suited to life in this shit show where there'll be so much pressure on him to perform week in and week out.

A nostalgic return to Spurs and a few cameos before the end of the season would be great for him

:thup:

54 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If it’s us, it’s absolutely massive. Genuinely world class, I’ve not followed things after his heart condition was identified in the Euros. What was the outcome to all that?

Not sure. I saw a tweet saying he was ok after the incident and didn't know what they were talking about. I watched a replay of the game a day later and that was terrifying.  Horrible thing to see.

16 minutes ago, Andy said:

Aye. Surely it will constantly be on his mind as well. Think how hesitant you are when you come back from a hammy or something, you'd have to have an unbelievable mentality to play at 100% knowing you have a dodgy ticker. 

Daley Blind has been playing a few years with a similar thing hasn't he ?

8 minutes ago, madras said:

Daley Blind has been playing a few years with a similar thing hasn't he ?

I believe so yeah, so I guess it can be done. I still think there'd be a huge mental obstacle for him to get over though, particularly in his first few months back, which is unfortunately when we'd need him to be at 100% if he was to come here. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I believe so yeah, so I guess it can be done. I still think there'd be a huge mental obstacle for him to get over though, particularly in his first few months back, which is unfortunately when we'd need him to be at 100% if he was to come here. 

I'd guess he's already done that training etc.

Tbf, Blind was playing in the Dutch league, in by quite some distance the best side in that league, with very little by way of pressure and plenty of mobility and talent around him.

Edited by toon25

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's Trippier's man like.

Lascelles's man trips over and Lascelles, unable to grow 3 feet taller, gets beat by a great ball in.

He's shite but the ball in and leap from J Pedro were both quality.

Yeah, the goal is Trippier's fault. You can see it all in the build up.

Lascelles is close to his man and engages him, which actually causes his man to fall over.

Trippier is way too far off his man and never engages him physically, and so he has a free run onto the ball from behind Lascelles.

4 hours ago, nufcnick said:

I disagree that schar was out of position, it’s the central defenders job on the side that the play is coming from to go toward the near post to cut out a low ball to the near post so you don’t get a low ball going across no man’s land and that’s where schar was doing, yes trippier let the guy get a run at the ball and should have blocked him, but Captain catastrophe didn’t try to attack the ball at any time 

How can you attack the ball when you have blocked off your actual man. Yes Centre halves should cover fullbacks, but not that fucking wide. When Miggy was there also. He might as well have been on the Platinum club. I like Schar but he's hardly dependable. Neither are. Lascelles is shit but let's not wet the bed and blame players for others bad positions.

Newcastle United are considering launching a bid to sign Paris St-Germain goalkeeper Keylor Navas but the Ligue 1 club want to keep the 35-year-old Costa Rican and are keen not to let him move. (RMC Sport via Mail)

Manchester United's Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek, 24, has rejected a loan move to Newcastle because of their position in the Premier League table. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Newcastle are making progress in their attempts to sign Sevilla's 28-year-old Brazilian defender Diego Carlos. (Express)

However, the Magpies have failed in their bid to sign Dutch centre-back Sven Botman, 22, from Lille. (90min)