More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Getting pissed off with being linked with potentially great signings and ending up with absolute plodders who are just journeymen. Tarkovski another shite signing

Signed one best rb in world.  Far from ploder like.

I wish we'd sort out our totally abysmal central midfield. I understand the need for a centre back but we're total diabolical in Central midfield. 1 centre back would do for me with Fernández back in training.

Edited by Scoot

I honestly think that a manager with a bigger name would have had a bigger pull in the market regardless. But us not being able to identify any other players than fucking Tarkowski and Wood besides Botman and Carlos is fucking terrible. Whomever is in charge of recruiting needs a fucking word cause seemingly our recruitment team is just looking at a list of 4 players and PreMiErLeAgUe ExPEriEnCe. Fuck me.

3 minutes ago, SAK said:

Need midfielders as bad as defenders not many linked which is worrying.

There have been plenty of midfielders linked- maybe even more than defenders. We haven’t heard of any bids unlike defenders though. Obviously that’s not to say bids haven’t gone in.

I think, based on absolutely nothing, names like Wood and Tarkowski are Howe picks and that worries me about how PFM he possibly is.

Edwards was right about Wood and the other names he was putting out were people like Solanke, who I think Howe would be interested in.

Said it earlier, if we’re not willing to break budgets to pay for someone like Botman, I don’t see how Tarkowski would ever be possible as Burnley are not going to be a willing seller.

18 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I think, based on absolutely nothing, names like Wood and Tarkowski are Howe picks and that worries me about how PFM he possibly is.

Edwards was right about Wood and the other names he was putting out were people like Solanke, who I think Howe would be interested in.

Said it earlier, if we’re not willing to break budgets to pay for someone like Botman, I don’t see how Tarkowski would ever be possible as Burnley are not going to be a willing seller.

Howe might well be thinking those types are more straightforward and quicker to bring in due to the current situation.

Really not sure now is the time to be overly ambitious in the market, due to how long it is taking to get players in.

I think PIF are doing way too much this window and I'm now leaning towards them having made a mess of it really.

PIF have not really tied up any deals yet. Trippier wanted to come back to England, and it is more likely Howe heard about it and used his familiarity with Trippier to facilitate things and convince him to join. Chris Wood was then signed due to the agent alerting us to his clause.

PIF seem to be not managing to get deals done so far.

31 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

At the end of the day whoever comes in is about surviving this season. If they help do that, great. If not, Howe will be sacked, because those players are not much use for the future. Well maybe one season to get us out of the second division. I truly hope Howe isn't buying with that in mind. 

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

The lack of CM’s we’re getting linked to is very, very concerning. I hope Howe’s not looking at our squad and thinking we’re fine there. 

Absolutely agree. The lack of proper positioning, closing down and tackling in midfield is just as big a reason for our defensive problems. We need a proper DM, without a doubt.  

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

At the end of the day whoever comes in is about surviving this season. If they help do that, great. If not, Howe will be sacked, because those players are not much use for the future. Well maybe one season to get us out of the second division. I truly hope Howe isn't buying with that in mind. 

I think Howe is more likely to keep his job if we’re relegated tbh 

26 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Forgive the ignorance but could someone explain the PFM please? I've got a rough idea just want to comform lol. Thanks

Think Sam Allardyce

Sean Dyche

Steve Bruce

Neil Warnock 

Run fast. Tackle hard. Kick it far. No forrin namby pambys. Hatem, no tricks and moar defending. Shuttle runs. ‘Let’s play’. Tactics? No ta. Bullseye reruns with Eric Bristow and pie and mash for tea. 

That sort of thing.