More transfer rumours

midds

Can't see it happening but Ousmane Dembele would be an outstanding signing. People realise we play Ryan Fraser on one of our wings yes?

He's not just better than what we've got. He's in a different planet to what we've got

Edited by triggs

3 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I think there is a reason why top clubs haven’t bought Tarkowski, despite being linked away every summer.

No idea why we think this would even come off. If Burnley are pissed off about Wood, they’re not going to sell Tarkowski to us unless we make an obscene offer.

Unless there is a release clause, of course.

The way Wood played on Saturday I doubt very much Burnley are pissed off at us.

36 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I know it was mainly because they were all Mendes' players.  But Wolves built a really good team in the Championship.  Even last time we were down there, Ritchie was seen as a bit of a coup and didn't Gayle also leave the prem to sign for us (and more money)?  You'd like to think with more wedge, we'd be in a better position this time.

*Desperately looking for positives for when we inevitably get relegated :lol: 

I did wonder the other day if Nuno would be a good appointment if we go down

Honest question, would you rather:
1) Get Wood/Trippier type signings that help us scrape through and avoid relegation -> Team full of older journeymen

2) Get hot prospects, with outside chance of staying up due to their inexperience, but so good that we come back up again if we get relegated: Ekitike/Badiashile -> Team full of exciting prospects

Edited by arnonel

I’m glued to the refresh button today, don’t know why as it seems like it’s a bit of a wasteland out there but it just feels like we absolutely have to act urgently right now and start putting in some stupid offers for players otherwise we’re not going to survive 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

If that’s true I don’t know how I feel about it. He’s clearly better than what we have but from what I’ve seen he’s been massively disappointing and makes poor decisions and messes up easy chances while showing flashes of quality 

Sounds like he'd fit right in.

All of these links / offers are becoming ridiculous, everyday it’s something different 

As everyone has already mentioned , we need players not links or offers 

Obviously journalists are desperate to be the first (I told you so) 

However - For us as fans,  it’s frustrating as xxxx

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’m glued to the refresh button today, don’t know why as it seems like it’s a bit of a wasteland out there but it just feels like we absolutely have to act urgently right now and start putting in some stupid offers for players otherwise we’re not going to survive 

Nothing better than a good offer 

Well there are two main issues with getting players in, agreeing a fee and agreeing terms with the player. Clearly those things are both difficult given our circumstances, the only thing we have in our favour is money therefore it feels our only way out of this at the moment is to offer more money. Pretty blunt object approach but I’m not sure what else is going to work

Passing on a slither of news, Andy Brassell who said Trippier to us was going to happen when it wasn't certain reckons that the Diego Carlos deal will happen because of the deal we've offered him. Not sure how that works if the club haven't agreed to it, but we'll see. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Passing on a slither of news, Andy Brassell who said Trippier to us was going to happen when it wasn't certain reckons that the Diego Carlos deal will happen because of the deal we've offered him. Not sure how that works if the club haven't agreed to it, but we'll see. 

Guessing the player will push for the move now?

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Seems to be a consensus in the press that Carlos is pushing for it because of the finances, and it's inching closer.

Can't imagine you'd be swapping a title challenge in Seville for a relegation battle in Newcastle for anything other than money, to be fair!

10 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:
16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Nothing better than a good offer

What about a great offer? 😲

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve got reservations about Carlos and if he will be able to adapt to this league tbh, but seemingly it’s him and surely can’t be any worse than what we currently have.

I think big Joe will help him settle quickly if it happens and pass on instruction if there's a language barrier.

He seems a player who likes to go in hard on tackles, i'd be worried he'd be "too up for it" in his first few games, we literally cannot afford any slip ups in our winnable games

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He seems a player who likes to go in hard on tackles, i'd be worried he'd be "too up for it" in his first few games, we literally cannot afford any slip ups in our winnable games

I know nothing about him but I just have visions of Pepe in my head after watching a few videos