More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You'd imagine the market in general will start to heat up later this week, it's usually the way.

Yeah, you're right. For teams that are not in as much danger that is fine, and it's typically when you would see the better players start to move. However, that was never a luxury we had, to wait till the latter days of the window, and so I think they might have already blown it.

We should have gone for players we could get in as early as possible really, even if it meant they were ultimately just going to be stop gaps.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, you're right. For teams that are not in as much danger that is fine, and it's typically when you would see the better players start to move. However, that was never a luxury we had, to wait till the latter days of the window, and so I think they might have already blown it.

We should have gone for players we could get in as early as possible really, even if it meant they were ultimately just going to be stop gaps.

Not even stop gaps just identify the player and tap them up pretty early. Trippier for example, we pretty much had him eyed up for a month or so, why was other positions not identified precisely of who was available and better than what we had.

Didn't their president completely rule out Gosens going anywhere?

CB, CM and another striker  have to be the priority, preferably two CB's and CM's. I think we will survive with Lewis coming back from injury, Dummett, and Manquillo for cover at LB.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I disagree, I'd much rather we signed our preferred targets come the end of January, than settle on a stop gap at the start of the month. 

L'Equipe are probably the most reliable outlet for football news in France tbf. We just need to bite the bullet and overpay for our targets. Because its looking like another game against a team near us is going to be tossed off.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, Field said:

Is there really no teams with semi decent cb that is desperate for money.

Surely there's a few Championship defenders ready to step up. Mepham, Kelly, Fry, Souttar or Worral. Got to be better than the current lot. 

Unless its verified by two of the more reliable journos (for example Ornstein, Romano or Hope) it's not worth taking any notice of. I believe this window we've bid for Trippier, Botman, Carlos and Wood. We've probably had very casual discussions about countless others, but beyond that take it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by The Prophet

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Unless its verified by two of the more reliable journos (for example Ornstein, Romano or Hope) it's not worth taking any notice of. I believe this window we've bid for Trippier, Botman, Carlos and Wood. We've probably had very casual discussions about countless others, but beyond that take it with a pinch of salt.

Other than Edwards’ quip this morning about 2 things being close, it’s been a very quiet day from Waugh, Douglas, Hope, Downie and co. 

12 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Other than Edwards’ quip this morning about 2 things being close, it’s been a very quiet day from Waugh, Douglas, Hope, Downie and co. 

Might be in my head but feels like they've been quiet on rumours since the Cambridge game and the reports of Al-Rumayyan/PIF being unhappy with the way certain things have been handled. 

1 minute ago, TheHoob said:

Might be in my head but feels like they've been quiet on rumours since the Cambridge game and the reports of Al-Rumayyan/PIF being unhappy with the way certain things have been handled. 

Hoping that’s more ‘stop letting things get out to the press’ and not ‘stop bidding so much for players.’ 

2 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

We've signed a player and allegedly bid for another since then to be fair.