More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, duo said:

I'm starting to hate this transfer window - it is turning into an utter shambles.  You don't feel like there is a cohesive plan.

Out of interest, what about it is an 'utter shambles'?

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

L'Equipe are probably the most reliable outlet for football news in France tbf. We just need to bite the bullet and overpay for our targets. Because its looking like another game against a team near us is going to be tossed off.

Agreed. 2 weeks left in the window and we're not exactly any closer to sorting out the most vital area on the pitch.

On top of that we should stack wads of cash in our press conferences just to piss every other club off even more. "In closing, we would just like to say that we're considerably richer than yaawww."

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Bar Tripper - still no CB, still no LB, still no CM and Wood as our striker.  We're two week into the window and games are passing us by.  Just don't feel that they had a proper plan.  

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Bar Tripper - still no CB, still no LB, still no CM and Wood as our striker.  We're two week into the window and games are passing us by.  Just don't feel that they had a proper plan.  

In an ideal world I'd have preferred us to have a signing or two more by now, but looking at the calibre of player we're trying to bring in, these deals take time. Ultimately though if we get a top class CB and a CM in by February it'll be worth it. 

I think Wood will prove to be a useful addition. It's rough to write him off after one game feeding off scraps.

You can't really plan negotiations with other teams that don't have to sell or players that don't want to come here. We also can't just offer £100m for every interesting player that would improve us. There's still lot of time and I'm happy they are trying to bring in good players (yes, that includes Wood) instead of settling for some cloggers from the Championship.

Just now, Pata said:

You can't really plan negotiations with other teams that don't have to sell or players that don't want to come here. We also can't just offer £100m for every interesting player that would improve us. There's still lot of time and I'm happy they are trying to bring in good players (yes, that includes Wood) instead of settling for some cloggers from the Championship.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bxq6dgwy1uura3t8s9b6

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

In an ideal world I'd have preferred us to have a signing or two more by now, but looking at the calibre of player we're trying to bring in, these deals take time. Ultimately though if we get a top class CB and a CM in by February it'll be worth it. 

I think Wood will prove to be a useful addition. It's rough to write him off after one game feeding off scraps.

They needed to identity a set of targets for each position, if their bid gets rejected - move on.  We've not the time to negotiate, if we were sitting mid table it'd be different.  In the Watford game we were crying out for a DM someone to control the midfield.  If they had got one in we could have potentially won that game.  Leeds next which is another vital game but as yet still no movement on new players.  We need to be moving fast. 

Frankly, the relatively slow movement of this window was always going to be the case, unless the plan was just to buy every player available for an easy transfer or spend wildly on transfer fees and wages. NUFC is in possibly the worst position you can think of to complete the kind of signings it needs. January is always a very difficult period to buy in and is generally used to add couple of players or get a fee for someone who won't sign a contract, not to rebuild an entire side. With relegation looking likely, players in stable situations are going to be extremely hesitant to join. Wages usually trump anything, but top prospects and established players are not going to sign up to play against Wycombe next season. There is also the added difficulty of dealing with suddenly being the world's richest club. Premier League clubs likely will not want to sell to Newcastle at all and others will try to wildly drive up fees, especially in January.

Realistically, this window was always going to be about just adding 4-6 quality players that will improve the team. It is likely this will still happen, NUFC and Villa are the only Premier League clubs to have spent substantial money in the window and that will not be the case by the end of it, most of the transfers that will occur in this window have yet to be completed in general. Rather than the speed of recruitment, the issue is that the expected lift from Howe's arrival and the excited atmosphere around the club has just not materialised. The standard of football has gone up, the atmosphere at the ground has improved markedly, but it has not translated into results, that is really the cause of the desperation here.

I don't read the silly social media posts or anything else now, not even the so called 'reliable' journos - they've all talked shit and it just fucking annoys me reading their made up bollocks just to get clicks.

I don't get excited until I see the fuckers are actually on their way to SJP for a medical - then I know it's real.

None of us know what is really going on but everyone knows our situation.

I'm looking forward to the transfer window ending and this nonsense ending - thankfully there will never be another one like this - we're in a unique situation (new rich owners, relegation, 14 years of MA blah blah blah)

2 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Frankly, the relatively slow movement of this window was always going to be the case, unless the plan was just to buy every player available for an easy transfer or spend wildly on transfer fees and wages. NUFC is in possibly the worst position you can think of to complete the kind of signings it needs. January is always a very difficult period to buy in and is generally used to add couple of players or get a fee for someone who won't sign a contract, not to rebuild an entire side. With relegation looking likely, players in stable situations are going to be extremely hesitant to join. Wages usually trump anything, but top prospects and established players are not going to sign up to play against Wycombe next season. There is also the added difficulty of dealing with suddenly being the world's richest club. Premier League clubs likely will not want to sell to Newcastle at all and others will try to wildly drive up fees, especially in January.

Realistically, this window was always going to be about just adding 4-6 quality players that will improve the team. It is likely this will still happen, NUFC and Villa are the only Premier League clubs to have spent substantial money in the window and that will not be the case by the end of it, most of the transfers that will occur in this window have yet to be completed in general. Rather than the speed of recruitment, the issue is that the expected lift from Howe's arrival and the excited atmosphere around the club has just not materialised. The standard of football has gone up, the atmosphere at the ground has improved markedly, but it has not translated into results, that is really the cause of the desperation here.

Totally agree.

Newcastle United have offered a fee of over 30m euros (£25.1m) for Atalanta and Colombia striker Duvan Zapata, 30. (Daily Record)

Belgium forward Eden Hazard wants to leave Real Madrid, but is not interested in joining Newcastle, who have had a £41.3m bid for the 31-year-old accepted by the Spanish club. (El Nacional - in Catalan)

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

We need to stop wasting time with players who don't want to come or clubs that don't want to sell. We're shit, there's literally hundreds of players will make us noticeably better. Move on.

Absolutely. Its proving very difficult to get our targets in before we p1ss away precious games with not good enough knackers but replacing said knackers with something better surely isn't. Sh1t or get off the pot ffs. Think with Carlos its already got to the point where even if we got him he'll prove not worth this hassle. Kitson esque.

Belgium forward Eden Hazard wants to leave Real Madrid, but is not interested in joining Newcastle, who have had a £41.3m bid for the 31-year-old accepted by the Spanish club. (El Nacional - in Catalan)

Who knows how reliable this source is, but I really hope that we didn't offer that much (or actually anything) for Hazard, if we did we really have a bunch of idiots in charge of recruitment.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I think it looks a shambles to some because were actually trying to do things for once and were out of practice with that experience.

Failed to get Waddle and Shearer under Keegan in 92, nearly everybody was linked, but it was far from a shambles it was far more preferrable than scraping the cash together for Scott Sloan and Neil SImpson which was comparatively as smooth as trying to get Choudary on loan and nowt else.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Who knows how reliable this source is, but I really hope that we didn't offer that much (or actually anything) for Hazard, if we did we really have a bunch of idiots in charge of recruitment.

The fact the source for Real Madrid news is in Catalan should tell you all you need to know. 

6 hours ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Let's play a game.

You get to list 3 footballers. If they get linked with us tomorrow, you win a Freddo & a Bag of Beef Space Raiders - I will finance this myself.

Disclaimer: They can't have already been one of the 1,573,853 players linked to us this January transfer window.

Do your best!

I'm not sure there are 3 players we haven't been linked with.

1 hour ago, duo said:

They needed to identity a set of targets for each position, if their bid gets rejected - move on.  We've not the time to negotiate, if we were sitting mid table it'd be different.  In the Watford game we were crying out for a DM someone to control the midfield.  If they had got one in we could have potentially won that game.  Leeds next which is another vital game but as yet still no movement on new players.  We need to be moving fast. 

That's a very short-sighted view. Every club will reject the first bid, so we'd end up at the bottom of the list and return to the top.

this is absolutely hilarious, you would think we were mid table and not in a rush for any signings, all were hearing is were talking to this club and talking to that club, but in truth absolutely fuck all is happening, the club move like old people fuck. 

12 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Need to get some loans in. Alli, Lingaard, Martial, Umtiti, VdB, Origi while mostly forgotten or downright hated by their own fans would improve us immensely. 

Absolutely no reason we shouldn't have at least 2 of those in on loan already tbh. Nathan Ake too.