More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Absolutely no reason we shouldn't have at least 2 of those in on loan already tbh. Nathan Ake too. 

Apart from they don’t want to come or are not being allowed to move 

11 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

this is absolutely hilarious, you would think we were mid table and not in a rush for any signings, all were hearing is were talking to this club and talking to that club, but in truth absolutely fuck all is happening, the club move like old people fuck. 

Or it’s almost impossible to prise a player away from a club who doesn’t want to sell them or to attract good players to a club who are looking likely to go down. 

It’s not like they are not trying. 

8 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Yeah, you sit on the bench there Donny. Sure it'll do your career a world of good.

I wonder if the reason he didn't want to loan the movie was because he had already seen it or if he just wasn't interested to see it?😉

Surely can't just been because of the position it had on the table?!🤔

28 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Need to get some loans in. Alli, Lingaard, Martial, Umtiti, VdB, Origi while mostly forgotten or downright hated by their own fans would improve us immensely. 

VdB has said he doesn’t want to come, Origi isn’t allowed to leave, Martial will have much better offers and is holding out for Spain, Umtiti might be a goer but he’s incredibly injury prone, Alli and Lingaard…who knows? It’s easy to write a list- much less easy to get those players to the club for a whole lot of reasons. 

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

this is absolutely hilarious, you would think we were mid table and not in a rush for any signings, all were hearing is were talking to this club and talking to that club, but in truth absolutely fuck all is happening, the club move like old people fuck. 

Packed lunch is in the fridge.

7 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

People blaming the club is wrong imo - nobody wants to come to a controversial club in a relegation battle that’s got a history of bad management. 

Not to defend some of the horrible takes I’ve read but this reportedly isn’t the case. 

Diego Carlos wants to come, as does Botman. 

8 hours ago, duo said:

They needed to identity a set of targets for each position, if their bid gets rejected - move on.  We've not the time to negotiate, if we were sitting mid table it'd be different.  In the Watford game we were crying out for a DM someone to control the midfield.  If they had got one in we could have potentially won that game.  Leeds next which is another vital game but as yet still no movement on new players.  We need to be moving fast. 

I think the post below this addresses this really well. 

I think, unfortunately, we're going to have to go and slug it out in the Championship again and hope we can come straight back up again. 

I keep telling myself they should throw money at players but we can't give everyone mega wages just to bring them here as it's not a sustainable plan. It's stacked against us in so many ways that we've been over and over.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

VdB has said he doesn’t want to come, Origi isn’t allowed to leave, Martial will have much better offers and is holding out for Spain, Umtiti might be a goer but he’s incredibly injury prone, Alli and Lingaard…who knows? It’s easy to write a list- much less easy to get those players to the club for a whole lot of reasons. 

Umtiti isn’t a goer, he’s gone and fractured his metatarsal, kind of proves ur point 

8 hours ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Frankly, the relatively slow movement of this window was always going to be the case, unless the plan was just to buy every player available for an easy transfer or spend wildly on transfer fees and wages. NUFC is in possibly the worst position you can think of to complete the kind of signings it needs. January is always a very difficult period to buy in and is generally used to add couple of players or get a fee for someone who won't sign a contract, not to rebuild an entire side. With relegation looking likely, players in stable situations are going to be extremely hesitant to join. Wages usually trump anything, but top prospects and established players are not going to sign up to play against Wycombe next season. There is also the added difficulty of dealing with suddenly being the world's richest club. Premier League clubs likely will not want to sell to Newcastle at all and others will try to wildly drive up fees, especially in January.

Realistically, this window was always going to be about just adding 4-6 quality players that will improve the team. It is likely this will still happen, NUFC and Villa are the only Premier League clubs to have spent substantial money in the window and that will not be the case by the end of it, most of the transfers that will occur in this window have yet to be completed in general. Rather than the speed of recruitment, the issue is that the expected lift from Howe's arrival and the excited atmosphere around the club has just not materialised. The standard of football has gone up, the atmosphere at the ground has improved markedly, but it has not translated into results, that is really the cause of the desperation here.

I agree but our squad is threadbare. Like I pretty much stopped watching after Rafa left and when I returned a couple year later we basically had the same squad only worse. We got rid of players without replacing them, we're very unbalanced too.

It's obvious where we need to strenghen but we need to be bringing in 2nd and 3rd choices anyway.

Waiting out for Carlos and/or Botman is fair enough but we're desperate for midfielders. Our bench is awful too. The later we get into the window the less time we have to gel players too.

Like it was said last month, we needed to be going into this window with intent of building a squad capable of finishing around the euro challenging places over the course of a season. It would have needed us to spend money and have people at the club capable of spending it wisely. We can certainly do the former but we seem to lack the latter.

We'll see how we are at the end of the window but if we still have an unballanced squad with dross on the bench it's going to be a pretty big task putting wins together. Even with a shiney new set of centre backs and a midfielder.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah well if he improves the team he’s the right signing. If they are hung up on “marquee” signings then I would suggest they cop on pretty fucking fast. We need players to improve the first 11 if they cost 2 million or 20. 

I don’t feel it’s unrealistic to be able to match the transfer business of Watford. I don’t care about eden hazard, I want a midfielder who can run, and a midfielder who can pass. A striker who can run any give us maybe five goals. These players exist. 

It’s down to lack of scouting or poor scouting, lack of agent contacts and because we don’t have a DOF too which is why we can’t identify someone Watford clearly did and it’s frustrating because again we don’t have to target a Botman, any CB better than what we have is an upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Toon No9 said:

I wonder if the reason he didn't want to loan the movie was because he had already seen it or if he just wasn't interested to see it?😉

Surely can't just been because of the position it had on the table?!🤔

I don't really get that, what difference does our position in the table make to him? He's coming on loan, this wouldn't be his club anyway. What a fucking arsehole he must be, no wonder they won't play him. 

Just now, HTT II said:

It’s down to lack of scouting or poor scouting, lack of agent contacts and because we don’t have a DOF too which is why we can’t identify someone Watford clearly did and it’s frustrating because again we don’t have to target a Botman, any CB better than what we have is an upgrade. 

Disagree on the agent point. I’m pretty sure agents have been on the phones none stop. We are a payday/bag holder waiting to happen. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

I'd bet there's a correlation between fans who are apparently happy for us to go down to our 4th/5th choices in order to get bodies in before Leeds and those that aren't satisfied with Chris Wood. It's just a hunch though.

There is an amount of irony that we were desperate for a striker against Watford and the one we happened to bring in played like he wasn't actually there anyway. 

We needed players for Watford and Leeds in the first week of January. Giving them 2 days to train with the team really isn't enough, especially for attacking players.