More transfer rumours

midds

Such a shit-infused stigma attached to the club.  Makes us a hard sell despite of the massive offers allegedly being made. It will take months of scrubbing to erase the decade and a half of the stench of sports direct shoestring mentality.  Perhaps the relegation will work in our favour 

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Such a shit-infused stigma attached to the club.  Makes us a hard sell despite of the massive offers allegedly being made. It will take months of scrubbing to erase the decade and a half of the stench of sports direct shoestring mentality.  Perhaps the relegation will work in our favour 

I said in another thread, I would feel much more relaxed about relegation if we had or get the appointment of the CEO and Sporting director right. At least then we can plan for the future properly.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

That 6 players they supposedly wanted in looking very unlikely then. 

I think it will probably happen, it's just the January window is hard to do early business. I can see the final week being non stop.

The last day is always like another month's worth of activity condensed to within 24 hours, so I still think we'll get the players in, it's just the quality that's unknown and the real desperate need to get players for the games in the meantime.

Players like Carlos, Botman, Ekitike want to come, but their clubs are either asking too much or not willing to sell. Hopefully clubs and players will be more receptive to loans soon, and we can at least get two in, more if from overseas.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Because those Spanish clauses are specifically designed to be so over the top in value in order for clubs not to be able to purchase the player? The players we will want will have super exorbitant prices that we simply wouldn’t pay. The players with the exorbitant clauses are the type that will be at CL clubs and may not want to come anyway. Because the club believes in not just throwing money at the problem as this will taint them for any future business. A whole multitude of reasons. 

Ok so based on your logic, we won't pay these exorbitant amounts to buy players out of their contracts so we'll just carry on fannying around trying to get clubs who clearly don't want to sell to us to sell us their players at a fair price, meanwhile each day passes and we don't have new players bedding in to the squad in what is a relatively quiet period of the season. It's hardly a recipe for success is it?

My point with the release clauses is that if the club acknowledges the, at present, virtual certainty of relegation and wants to do it's absolute upmost to avoid it then we need to act decisively now and if that means spending over the odds to fill certain voids in the squad then just do it. 

I'm not talking the ridiculous €1bn amounts that players like Gavi and Fati have in their contracts supposedly but if that Kounde at Sevilla has an €80m release clause (not saying that he'd come to us atm) then we should be asking the question. I'm sure that at most of the clubs in la liga (barring CL clubs or those with CL aspirations) there are players that are better than we have at the moment with release clauses that would be interested in hearing us out if we made an offer. 

5 minutes ago, tom1988 said:

Ok so based on your logic, we won't pay these exorbitant amounts to buy players out of their contracts so we'll just carry on fannying around trying to get clubs who clearly don't want to sell to us to sell us their players at a fair price, meanwhile each day passes and we don't have new players bedding in to the squad in what is a relatively quiet period of the season. It's hardly a recipe for success is it?

My point with the release clauses is that if the club acknowledges the, at present, virtual certainty of relegation and wants to do it's absolute upmost to avoid it then we need to act decisively now and if that means spending over the odds to fill certain voids in the squad then just do it. 

I'm not talking the ridiculous €1bn amounts that players like Gavi and Fati have in their contracts supposedly but if that Kounde at Sevilla has an €80m release clause (not saying that he'd come to us atm) then we should be asking the question. I'm sure that at most of the clubs in la liga (barring CL clubs or those with CL aspirations) there are players that are better than we have at the moment with release clauses that would be interested in hearing us out if we made an offer. 

There’s no chance we’ll be spunking £70m on release clauses when we think we have a chance of getting players we want for 30-40m.

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It does feel like the longest January ever. Feels like I've gone through the 7 stages of grief already and we've still got 13 days to go

I feel alive again :lol:

Just now, ManDoon said:

Can’t think of the game but he scored this goal cutting in from the left from outside the box, it was lush 

palace away?

his dagger versus Chelsea at home hits different  too.