More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Eurgh. Feels like a scattergun approach to seeing whoever we can get in one regard, then PIF clearly pushing for a “marquee” signing if the Hazard offer is true.

If it’s true Howe wanted Wood, too, then it feels like there’s not really a targeted approach and everyone is offering different views.

Aye we have no scouting system so given the manager a big input is a byproduct of that. 

It’s frustrating but I think everyone is trying to cobble up something to keep us afloat. Hopefully things improve when the football structure is put into place. 

The one things that’s clear is huge investment is needed in every area. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Aye we have no scouting system so given the manager a big input is a byproduct of that. 

It’s frustrating but I think everyone is trying to cobble up something to keep us afloat. Hopefully things improve when the football structure is put into place. 

The one things that’s clear is huge investment is needed in every area. 

By all accounts they have a list for each position and are working down it accordingly.

A lack of a scouting system certainly won't have helped identify any bargains or hidden gems, that's for sure.

If the Hazard link is true - and that’s a massive ‘if’ - it is precisely the wrong type of player to target in the highly unlikely event he’d join.

He’s spent the last couple of years convincing everyone he can’t be arsed to play for Real Madrid - so I can’t picture him getting gee’d up trying to save our arses.

He’s the type of stupid trophy signing rich new owners often make when they need a ‘statement’.  And the type who is still on the books three years later, having played a dozen games and continuing to cost £200k per week.

I doubt it’s true in any case. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

He’s asking for a fortune, maybe this is the marque signing people are referring too?

he’s obviously got all the talent in the world but I’m pretty sure it would turn out to be a disaster for us :lol:

He literally can’t be worse than who we have now, how would transform our attack and take the pressure of ASM. Bring him in I say.

If we had a decent medical department then signing an injury prone player might not be so bad but as ours is still in the 14th century then its not a good idea.

I hope the new owners to upgrade to magic sponges soon as it will do wonders for Wilson.

6 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

If the Hazard link is true - and that’s a massive ‘if’ - it is precisely the wrong type of player to target in the highly unlikely event he’d join.

He’s spent the last couple of years convincing everyone he can’t be arsed to play for Real Madrid - so I can’t picture him getting gee’d up trying to save our arses.

He’s the type of stupid trophy signing rich new owners often make when they need a ‘statement’.  And the type who is still on the books three years later, having played a dozen games and continuing to cost £200k per week.

I doubt it’s true in any case. 

Not going to happen but Hazard would be an insane signing and probably keep us up single handedly if he remained fit. World Cup in a few months and he's captain of Belgium, if he came he would be coming here to play.

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Which is why Barca want to get rid. If he stayed fit, he’d be immense and they’d want to keep him.

They don't want to get rid, he's out of contract in the summer and the money he wants is too much for them 

Dembele does have fitness issues and his end product is a bit hit and miss but he is a quality player, just a massive risk

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

They don't want to get rid, he's out of contract in the summer and the money he wants is too much for them 

Dembele does have fitness issues and his end product is a bit hit and miss but he is a quality player, just a massive risk

They want to get rid because they’re already paying him a fortune for not many appearances. And he’s asking for an increase on his new contract. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

They want to get rid because they’re already paying him a fortune for not many appearances. And he’s asking for an increase on his new contract. 

They've offered him a contract, that's hardly like them wanting to get rid but he wants more than they are willing to pay

So if he isn't going to stay then it makes sense for them to try and sell him

Xavi does want him to stay