More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

Not going to happen but Hazard would be an insane signing and probably keep us up single handedly if he remained fit. World Cup in a few months and he's captain of Belgium, if he came he would be coming here to play.

He’s played the equivalent of one season in total over the last three years, and has been out scored by Joelinton in that period.

He’s playing for Belgian by reputation, not form.  I’ll have to disagree - though we’ll never find out which of us is right in all likelihood ;)

Just now, LRD said:

Whatever happened to Hazard at Real? Looks nothing like the world beater at Chelsea.

Injuries, plus being allegedly lazy at training and during holidays etc left him overweight according to the club.

7 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

They've offered him a contract, that's hardly like them wanting to get rid but he wants more than they are willing to pay

So if he isn't going to stay then it makes sense for them to try and sell him

Xavi does want him to stay

Fair enough. Either way, if he’s wanting 700k a week like I read, as well as criticising Xavi’s management, then they won’t be keeping him and will be getting rid. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Fair enough. Either way, if he’s wanting 700k a week like I read, as well as criticising Xavi’s management, then they won’t be keeping him and will be getting rid. 

I agree he's not worth that, especially with his injury record but he is in the stronger position to negotiate

Once he's on a free then some teams will pay him the crazy wages he is after 

Hmm, when I first saw him at Barca I thought he looked like he had huge potential but he’s been a big disappointment whenever I’ve seen him play. Wouldn’t want us to be in for him - this is about Yerry Mina by the way 

Edited by gbandit

Quote from V.I in the previous thread re Dembele. This was on 26 December when we were in a better position, with winnable games to play. If it's true I can't see how anything would change in our favour. 

Article in Mundo Deportivo today regarding the Dembelé situation. According to them:

- Besides our extension, he has offers from Liverpool, NUFC, and ManU

- NUFC is putting the most money on the table

- However, Dembelé doesn't want to sign for you unless you secure premiership status, so he might wait this out until summer.

They are not the most reliable newspaper, but they aren't 100% BS either, so make of that what you will.

Edited by Kid Icarus

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I agree he's not worth that, especially with his injury record but he is in the stronger position to negotiate

Once he's on a free then some teams will pay him the crazy wages he is after 

Seriously? You reckon someone will pay him 700k pw after he’s only played 129 games in the last 5 years? That’s a hell of a huge risk.

13 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

This transfer window certainly hasn’t turned out how I expected it too. 

Me too!

I genuinely thought we'd hit the 1st January with maybe 4 or 5 transfers 80-90% of the way done.

Not saying the club hasn't tried or isn't trying but can't help but feel a tad disappointed it's now the 18th January and we only have Trippier and a very expensive Chris Wood, in the door.

Mind you, I am probably not being realistic, we are 19th in the league, with 1 win to our name all season, I'm sure people aren't breaking their necks in the rush to sign for us unfortuantely.

Edited by OoOGazOoO

13 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Me too!

I genuinely thought we'd hit the 1st January with maybe 4 or 5 transfers 80-90% of the way done.

Not saying the club hasn't tried or isn't trying but can't help but feel a tad disappointed it's now the 18th January and we only have Trippier and a very expensive Chris Wood, in the door.

Mind you, I am probably not being realistic, we are 19th in the league, with 1 win to our name all season, I'm sure people aren't breaking their necks in the rush to sign for us unfortuantely.

I'm not one but surprised, I'm not surewhat people expected, given our utterly shit bargaining position

We are not playing well

We are in the relegation zone

We are cash rich but desperate

No club wants to lose a player in January

The squad is championship quality

Not everyone wants to play for Newcastle 

All we can offer millionaires is more money

I don't know about others. But I have lost most if not all of my enthusiasm following any transfer activity especially after the Cambridge defeat and now the Watford game. I wouldn't have mind if we won both games and we weren't getting anywhere with these transfers.

But those matches plus how dissapointing it has been reading we get turned away by clubs and players, I feel really discouraged to follow any potential signings. Even the Wood one that came after the Cambridge loss was less than exciting to follow. 

Edited by nufcjb

I am not too surprised that we are having these problems but clock is really ticking now and every day that passes without any new signings the situation begins to look progressively worse, but we have zero bargaining power and are stuck between a rock and a hard place for time being unfortunately.

Slightly worried that those in charge will get desperate and end up throwing crazy money at any old mercenary towards end of month, as much as some of the players being mentioned are clearly better than what we've got it feels slightly reminiscent of QPR in 2012 and that did not end too well.

Edited by Dandy Man