More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Are we turning our noses up at Hazard when we’ve got about 1 goal and 2 assists across the rest of our forward players apart from ASM & Wilson? 

What’s the point in signing a player who’s never fit?

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Are we turning our noses up at Hazard when we’ve got about 1 goal and 2 assists across the rest of our forward players apart from ASM & Wilson? 

Only because he’s rejected us. It’s the new RTG-like trend.

All journalists are shite unless it’s a positive story.

All players are shite if they dare reject our advances.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would have thought seeing Coutinho single handed my turn around a 2-0 deficit on his debut might have made people see we need quality. Hazard has tons.

Hazard can't be arsed to get in shape for Real Madrid, what would motivate him to do it for Newcastle?

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Only because he’s rejected us. It’s the new RTG-like trend.

All journalists are shite unless it’s a positive story.

All players are shite if they dare reject our advances.

Bollocks. If he doesn't want to play for us he won't play for us. It doesn't alter the fact he's a great player.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely. And that's just in terms of the players. Clubs know that we're - not just loaded - but loaded and desperate. Of course they're going to take the piss. 

The two signings we've made were both sure things. Trippier, due to him wanting to return to the north of England and his existing relationship with the manager; Wood, cos there was a release clause and because it's a step up for him. 

I hope we don't live to regret not seeking more attainable targets of their ilk. I can't blame them for finding it a challenge to secure their targets, but I will blame them if they haven't had the sense to chase the right players. 

Still, there's a long way to go yet. Wood was all but sorted in a matter of hours so if we need to just press the panic button again, I'm sure we will do, and that will be better than nothing. 

People of the stature of Wood, or just above, were really the targets I was expecting. Was quite surprised when they started being linked with actually top European CBs and all that. 

I admire the ambition of trying to make a big leap forward, and of course they don't want to sign too many people that will be surplus to requirements at the end of the season. But we also can't afford to miss out on people who are an upgrade on Shelvey, Lascelles et al. Which is really almost anybody with any kind of quality. 

Tricky situation all round. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I was looking forward to this window, just ignoring it like the rest now :lol:

Honestly, I think it will get really exciting in the last few days for us. We haven't even seen much loan activity yet, but that usually comes in the last week. 

If we are targeting six players that may be four buys and two loans. The loans are likely to come in the last few days of the window.

So we are just past half way through the window and have made two of our four buys.

I know we are al keen to see reinforcements but we also need to accept that progress has been made and the real negotiations are still ahead.

16 minutes ago, GWN said:

been good for health dipping out of this thread for a few days 

It's constant, relentless smaller FFS's if you stick around VS one big "Your'e Fucking Joking..STILL.." followed by kicking something and crying. 

If I wasn't so addicted to the misery this club doles out I would pick the latter.

16 minutes ago, Disco said:

Fire up the old thread!

Transfers: Newcastle probe French international Alassane Pléa (Mönchengladbach)

The French striker from Borussia Mönchengladbach (28 years old, 1 selection), under contract until 2023, is of interest to the English club. It could be sold this winter or next summer.

Very active on dozens of tracks since its takeover by a Saudi consortium in October , Newcastle has just probed Alassane Pléa. The French international striker (1 selection in November 2018), under contract until June 2023 with Borussia Mönchengladbach, could be sold by his club this winter or next summer, when he will probably not extend.

The current staff of the Magpies, whose team is struggling in the penultimate place in the Premier League , is interested in the profile of the player trained at OL (28 years old) and has even taken information from Allan Saint- Maximin, friend with Pléa since their joint season in Nice in 2017-2018.

10 minutes ago, nortoon said:

Feel like Luke Edwards is just trying to be overly positive now cos he spent years being the previous regime's personal lapdog.

Yeah that's been quite noticeable, he's definitely trying to mend fences. Don't think it can be done though, he nailed his colours to the wrong mast, no coming back from that if you ask me. 

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He was good when I remember watching him. Haven’t seen him for ages though 

I'd say he's well below average for a reporter to be honest, also you should be ashamed of yourself for admitting to watching Luke..