More transfer rumours

midds

54 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Did we establish if this guy is credible? Surely we have to get in there for that price if so?

They’ll run the conversion when we reach out and that €7m will somehow come out £25m

Edited by Tomato Deuce

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Quite possible LB is the lowest priority with CB's, CM and another Striker being the priority. Could be Gosens is the long term target too. 

At that price deals for Tagliafico, Ginter and a bunch more with contracts coming up seems like a no brainer! Makes you wonder why more teams aren't bidding though. 

:serious:ok Dummett is back but we've conceded far too many goals from that area. Also Richie is just a knock away.

Howe has just spoken in glowing terms about dummett and hinting giving him a new contract. Lewis is back training, manquillo looked fine at LB and trippier could cover there.

It's not like in a perfect world we couldn't also get an upgrade LB but I can't see us prioritizing it over CBs, CM and another striker. It is the one position out of those that I think we could struggle by with what we have got. The others we can't.

I don’t like the idea of all these 25m+ signings. The odd 5-10m signing would be most welcome, the likes of Ginter, Sule, Taglifico whos contracts are running out. The squad needs to be padded out with quality all over. We could even tempt them with Demba Ba like release clauses if relegation does happen. 

Just now, kingxlnc said:

I don’t like the idea of all these 25m+ signings. The odd 5-10m signing would be most welcome, the likes of Ginter, Sule, Taglifico whos contracts are running out. The squad needs to be padded out with quality all over. We could even tempt them with Demba Ba like release clauses if relegation does happen. 

Ginger, Sule etc to us wouldn't be 5-10mill. Theres the richest club tax and relegation desperation tax on top.

1 hour ago, duo said:

:serious:ok Dummett is back but we've conceded far too many goals from that area. Also Richie is just a knock away.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10416521/Newcastle-United-talks-Bayer-Leverkusen-left-Mitchel-Bakker.html

After all my hyperbole :cheesy:

Sure Tagliafico would be a better option and cheaper? Interesting though. Maybe he sees dummett as our LCB lol

Mitchel has also played there!

Decent write up here. https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/mitchel-bakker-who-is-bayer-leverkusen-s-dutch-left-back-signed-from-psg-16537

Edited by toontownman

3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Need something to happen today if we have any chance of getting a player registered in time for Leeds. 

Carlos would be great but I'd really feel more confident with another CM in.

correct , a fucking must 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would be good to see us go into the German market tbh. Think their players usually settle better into the league.

Agreed. I would love to see us sign Florian Wirtz - I think he’s been fantastic both domestically and in Europe this season. In an interview I watched, he also seems to be very grounded, and to have the sort of character that would dovetail perfectly with what Howe wants in his players.

4 minutes ago, Zarathustra said:

Agreed. I would love to see us sign Florian Wirtz - I think he’s been fantastic both domestically and in Europe this season. In an interview I watched, he also seems to be very grounded, and to have the sort of character that would dovetail perfectly with what Howe wants in his players.

Think he’s the next big thing to come out of Germany so can’t see us getting him at this stage.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think he’s the next big thing to come out of Germany so can’t see us getting him at this stage.

Yeah, with Wirtz I should have clarified I was thinking medium term rather than this window. These days I find it all too easy to get ahead of myself!