More transfer rumours

midds

Keep seeing people say 'its not fifa, its not football manager' in response to any criticism aimed towards this windows dealings so far, really lazy way of disregarding what is actually a pretty reasonable concern 

Edited by Nine

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They're not, but there's a reason most clubs avoid it like the plague unless necessary.

If we identify a player who would improve us we can still buy them though. It might cost us a little more but I doubt some minnows in the Argentine Primera are going to be giving it the big licks if we offered them above market value their players.

It’s completely reasonable for people to be concerned when we’re seemingly chasing players who aren’t actually available.

We have some glaringly obvious holes in our team and it’s a mistake that we’re three weeks into the window and haven’t addressed them.

We may have time left in the window but we have also now gone past one winnable game with another 2 points dropped and have another on the horizon with no further additions.

As I’ve repeated numerous times, the slow progress the consortium have made with Bruce, Howe and key senior footballing roles has already led to dropped points.

I’m not sure we have as much wriggle room to keep writing points off.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

I mean most people would have taken a RB, two CBs a CM and ST pre-window. We are 40% there and I have no doubt we're far from done. While its fair enough to raise concerns, some of them have been bordering on the hysterical.

Edited by The Prophet

People need to fuck off tbh they are doing their best.  We have signed 2 players, 1 outstanding the other a striker who has scored double digits in each of his seasons in the premier league.  They have probably set the bar too high in terms of their targets.  If we get relegated it isn't because of the owners, its because we are being quoted crazy prices and most players don't want to join as we will most likely get relegated.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

People need to fuck off tbh they are doing their best.  We have signed 2 players, 1 outstanding the other a striker who has scored double digits in each of his seasons in the premier league.  They have probably set the bar too high in terms of their targets.  If we get relegated it isn't because of the owners, its because we are being quoted crazy prices and most players don't want to join as we will most likely get relegated.

If we get relegated its on Mike. Its been three years in the making.

27 minutes ago, Nine said:

Keep saying people say 'its not fifa, its not football manager' in response to any criticism aimed towards this windows dealing so far, really lazy way of disregarding what is actually a pretty reasonable concern 

Nothing wrong with the concern. We're all in that boat. But when mooted solutions are as simplistic as FM etc. then those non-solutions are going to be criticised. 

Edited by elbee909

12 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Nothing wrong with the concern. We're all in that boat. But when mooted solutions are as simplistic as FM etc. then those non-solutions are going to be criticised. 

But then, when the responses are in relation to this being super-duper complicated, that’s pretty hard to digest too.

This process isn’t as straightforward as the howling banshees on Twitter are making out, nor is it as complicated as the ‘this isn’t FM/FIFA’ comments imply.

The transfer fee part is easy part of a transfer - there’s only a handful of ways it can be done.  There’s a valuation - you meet it (via lump sum or lower sum with incentives - payable either up front or in instalments), negotiate it, or walk away.  There really isn’t much more to it than that - it is a price agreed between the two parties for the player’s registration. 

It’s probably a good idea not to give the press a running commentary either. 

The issue is that football has a collective memory of Chelsea & Man City chucking stupid money at other clubs - and they think we’re next on that list.  We’re refusing to do that, clearly - but the message hasn’t arrived at most other club’s doors.

The issue isn’t that this is complicated - it is that the selling clubs think we’ll massively overpay without blinking.  Nothing complicated at all about that. 

2 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

The issue is that football has a collective memory of Chelsea & Man City chucking stupid money at other clubs - and they think we’re next on that list.  We’re refusing to do that, clearly - but the message hasn’t arrived at most other club’s doors.

The issue isn’t that this is complicated - it is that the selling clubs think we’ll massively overpay without blinking.  Nothing complicated at all about that. 

I agree.

However, I actually think if 45m would've got Botman and 40m gets you Carlos we should've done both deals and then tightened the purse strings such is our plight.

You also then have you CB's sorted for the next 5 years.

Obviously nobody knows if 45m would've got Botman. I'm just saying, if ever there was a window to overpay it's this one.

2 hours ago, BeloEmre said:

One goal and one assist this season. Yeah, sounds like just what we need atm.

He’s a winger, decent player though. Can’t be any worse than we have... change of scenery could work out but I’ll repeat for 500 GRAND.

I've no doubts that they're trying, and we all knew that January is a tough window to do business but that's the case in point. We're desperate, everyone knows we're loaded so they're going to try and fleece us for players they don't necessarily want to sell. But we need to pay the prices if we want to stay up, the squad is on its knees and needs help, desperately. If it takes €45m or €50m for Carlos and likewise for another CB, and the 20m-50m region for a striker,  and we get another CM in plus Lingard, and we stay up, it'll be worth it. Because we'll have to rebuild the squad whatever happens at the end of this season, so we may as well start now. Pay the prices.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

You do realise there are still 10 days left of the window? And you know January is notoriously difficult to do business in? This isn't Football Manager, you can't just splurge £200 million on an entirely new squad. 

It's actually really annoying me how expectant people have become, I would have thought after 14 years of utter shite people would tame there expectations slightly, allow them a bit of time to change the culture of the club, give them a bit of slack but no everything has to be here and now. 

It really is beyond belief 

We won't get anyone in before Leeds and we will most likely lose that match, seems highly likely we will (eventually) get several new players in before end of month and at worst we are probably 50/50 to go down.

Whatever happens we will be in a better position than if Ashley and Bruce were still here and the world will keep turning.

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If it gets to 31 January, 11pm, and the transfer window has slammed shut, and we’ve only brought in one more signing, can we then start asking questions? Or will it still be a case of the owners still learning the ropes?

Naturally there will always be some who take the very patient approach and feel that they would be being harsh to judge the owners from their first transfer window, but of course no matter how patient some are it will always go full circle in the end. Especially if we are losing week in/week out and heading down.

Edited by Nine

Think it's a waiting game right now, that we are seeing if clubs back down closer to the end of the windows. Not many are in good financial condition, and it could well be that have to accept the decent offers we have on the table or do with nothing. There will be plenty of activity in the last days of January.