More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

My prices aren't way out, I'm just stating what we paid for them. The point being that we identified players for reasonable prices and under Carr we did this regularly.

You absolutely could find another Perez for £2-3m in todays market.

We don’t have the scouts, contacts and relationships with the agents of such bargain type lower lever signings today, however. I doubt we could spot a Perez in today’s market, not until we appoint more scouts and have in place the right recruitment team will we be able to IMO.

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

My prices aren't way out, I'm just stating what we paid for them. The point being that we identified players for reasonable prices and under Carr we did this regularly.

You absolutely could find another Perez for £2-3m in todays market.

Your prices are way out for a player of Cisse’s quality 10 years after the time we signed him.

When you know how desperate we are for new signings, why would you sell on 10 January or 20 January when you could wait until 30 January and see if you can't add another 20%, 30% or 40% to the price? 

It's a guess, but I'm assuming that's the issue we're now running into. 

That also raises the risk significantly for the selling club as they can’t guarantee a replacement. I think it’s as simple as these clubs being happy to sell players for silly money and they just keep raising the stakes to try and get more and more out of us because we’re rich 

Cisse today would probably cost 30m + I’d imagine, he was 27 or something, doing well in Germany with Freiburg, but not many clubs from memory were after him. 

34 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We don’t have the scouts, contacts and relationships with the agents of such bargain type lower lever signings today, however. I doubt we could spot a Perez in today’s market, not until we appoint more scouts and have in place the right recruitment team will we be able to IMO.

Aye thats it. I'm not expecting much from the consortium until we get a DoF in, there may be 1 or 2 suprises before the window closes though (at the end of the day Howe and Nickson will know a lot, as much as I'm not fully confident in them).

Dokko has obviously went a bit over the top, aye [emoji38] Completely undersrandable to be frustrated that we look to be getting relegated though, if we do the PIF take their share of blame. 

Guest reefatoon

Don't mind me, I am just hanging around waiting to spot some links to those mystical footballers that hang around the middle of the pitch. Midfielders they are known as.

mr-bean-waiting.gif

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Cisse today would probably cost 30m + I’d imagine, he was 27 or something, doing well in Germany with Freiburg, but not many clubs from memory were after him. 

I mean Digne went for a pretty decent £25m from 1 prem club to another, in January, not all fees are completely outrageous. It's feasible someone like Cisse could go for cheap.

It's hard to properly judge transfer fees as they're random as fuck at times, but Cisse like deals aren't some thing of the past. Maybe they're harder nowadays I dunno but I would be suprised if there weren't strikers out there who would do very well in the Premiership for £10m.

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean Digne went for a pretty decent £25m from 1 prem club to another, in January, not all fees are completely outrageous. It's feasible someone like Cisse could go for cheap.

It's hard to properly judge transfer fees as they're random as fuck at times, but Cisse like deals aren't some thing of the past. Maybe they're harder nowadays I dunno but I would be suprised if there weren't strikers out there who would do very well in the Premiership for £10m.

Dignes ‘pretty decent’ £25m was for a player who was being ostracised and not picked by his then manager. He had openly stated he didn’t want to play for the club/manager again. Everton had already signed his replacement and needed the funds for that. If he was playing regularly there’s no way he’d have gone for 25m. Decent premier level strikers are going to cost way over £10m man, unless you unearth an absolute hidden gem that the other European teams worldwide extensive scouting networks have somehow missed or you take a chance on an injury crock coming good etc.

Edited by Manxst

18 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Dokko has obviously went a bit over the top, aye [emoji38] Completely undersrandable to be frustrated that we look to be getting relegated though, if we do the PIF take their share of blame. 

This is the thing though. The consortium (not PIF) will take a percentage of blame. For not signing 3,4,5 players who MIGHT not get injured, who MIGHT score us goals, who MIGHT shore up our defence…but if they don’t, that percentage in the grand scheme of things is minutely insignificant compared to the percentage of our club being run into a literal shell, with ZERO staff, ZERO scouting network, piss poor training and medical facilities, a dirty stadium, a dog shit squad etc etc etc. if the consortium don’t sign further players (im

sure that they will) then they’ll take SOME blame, but it’s fuck all compared to where any anger or bitterness should be getting directed. Yet because they’re the current owners, they’re the ones who are fronting it all for the impatient and whining fans. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

My issue is it seems as if we have no clear recruitment plan. This Carlos and Botman saga has proven a total waste of time . I’ll wait until the end of the window but the way this two deals have gone has been objectively shit. There’s no denying that. 

That’s fair enough, but presumably the club have been given encouragement for the purchase, or what they believe the selling clubs would sell for, from the players representatives. It’s not great, but I don’t think we’ve done much wrong (unless you believe the rumours about CL clauses etc). 

Ashley isn't here though, they are. It's completely fair that they're judged on what they have and haven't done.

I'm not saying 'PIF OUT' but there needs to be recognition of where they're going wrong.

Going into January with Howe and Nickson dealing with transfers seemed a bad idea months ago and it's looking a bad idea now. 

As for Digne, Villa took advantage of a situation and got a good deal. Again, these aren't rare incidents. If you're on the ball you will make good deals. We did with Trippier. They're both top internationals so aren't the rule in themselves but if you go down the ladder a bit you'll see fair deals being made all the time for players more than good enough to improve us.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I just don’t see many clubs getting to the Stage of say the Carlos deal, and it not happening. Also yeah the CL clause is ridiculous. City haven’t won the CL it’s stupid for us to be using that to structure deals 

IF it’s true.

28 minutes ago, Manxst said:

This is the thing though. The consortium (not PIF) will take a percentage of blame. For not signing 3,4,5 players who MIGHT not get injured, who MIGHT score us goals, who MIGHT shore up our defence…but if they don’t, that percentage in the grand scheme of things is minutely insignificant compared to the percentage of our club being run into a literal shell, with ZERO staff, ZERO scouting network, piss poor training and medical facilities, a dirty stadium, a dog shit squad etc etc etc. if the consortium don’t sign further players (im

sure that they will) then they’ll take SOME blame, but it’s fuck all compared to where any anger or bitterness should be getting directed. Yet because they’re the current owners, they’re the ones who are fronting it all for the impatient and whining fans. 

To be fair PIF came into the club with a lot of noise about winning trophies, even stated they aimed to win the league within 10 seasons or something. Obviously the current shit show is of Ashley’s making and he’s the man responsible for our current plight but it’s not healthy just to say ‘Oh if even if they don’t sign anyone else it’s not our current owners fault’ because it absolutely is and they themselves will know that. 

They laid down alot of expectation and came into this window under prepared, there was the Emery shitshow, then the dof issue which both ultimately led to the issues we are seeing now with signing our major targets. I am not trying to be overly critical of the owners as it was a difficult situation to come in to however to say that have fumbled deals that might have gone smoothly under more experienced people is a fair comment imo. If we end up signing targets that were our 7th/8th/9th choices and we go down it would fall on the heads of our ownership because we did come into this window unprepared regardless of the state Ashley left us in. 

‘It’s not fifa or fm’ as some people say but it’s also not as complicated as building Rome in a week.. we are 20 days into a 31 day window and to expect 4/5 major signings in key areas secured would not have been asking the world especially with the key games we had this month. I will admit it has me slightly concerned at the moment. 

Edited by Nine

14 minutes ago, Nine said:

To be fair PIF came into the club with a lot of noise about winning trophies, even stated they aimed to win the league within 10 seasons or something. Obviously the current shit show is of Ashley’s making and he’s the man responsible for our current plight but it’s not healthy just to say ‘Oh if even if they don’t sign anyone else it’s not our current owners fault’ because it absolutely is and they themselves will know that. 

They laid down alot of expectation and came into this window under prepared, there was the Emery shitshow, then the dof issue which both ultimately led to the issues we are seeing now with signing our major targets. I am not trying to be overly critical of the owners as it was a difficult situation to come in to however to say that have not fumbled deals that might have gone smoothly under more experienced people is a fair comment imo. If we end up signing targets that were our 7th/8th/9th choices and we go down it would fall on the heads of our ownership because we did come into this window unprepared. 

‘It’s not fifa or fm’ as some people say but it’s also not as complicated as building Rome in a week.. we are 20 days into a 31 day window and to expect 4/5 major signings in key areas secured would not have been asking the world especially with the key games we had this month. I will admit it has me slightly concerned at the moment. 

Agree with a lot of that, but were they underprepared? It seems they put a lot if work in, it seems more like naivety to me (leaking overly positive messages before deals are completed, allowing clubs to take the piss, etc). 

I still think we'll get a few more in and one could well be Carlos, but getting a well seasoned DoF in will do the world of good. I know it won't happen overnight, but an effective scouting network won't go a miss either so we can identify a few hidden gems, rather than targeting the obvious.

17 minutes ago, Nine said:

They laid down alot of expectation and came into this window under prepared, there was the Emery shitshow, then the dof issue which both ultimately led to the issues we are seeing now with signing our major targets. I am not trying to be overly critical of the owners as it was a difficult situation to come in to however to say that have fumbled deals that might have gone smoothly under more experienced people is a fair comment imo. If we end up signing targets that were our 7th/8th/9th choices and we go down it would fall on the heads of our ownership because we did come into this window unprepared regardless of the state Ashley left us in. 

Just playing devil's advocate, although I do agree that they haven't done everything perfectly.

Maybe expecting 4/5 major signings in key areas secured early in a January transfer window is asking the world.

How many clubs in history have signed 4/5 players ready to start in the first team after a January transfer window and gone on to make significant improvements in the rest of the season? With all of these major signings having been a success? 

And how many clubs have done that in a January transfer window they spent in the relegtion zone? 

I have no doubt our new owners will get this right in the end.

The big problem in this window is our league position, that our previus owner is to blame for. That combined with that many clubs are not interested to sell in january.

It would have been much easyer to build a squad in the summer. That's the time of the year every team is looking too improve or change their squads.

If we only can survive this season...

Daniel Campos, Almiron’s agent "Miguel Almiron's exit clause from Newcastle is close to 80 million dollars. In June we will see what the club says, there is interest from clubs in Spain and Italy.” 

Edited by Slim

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Agree with a lot of that, but were they underprepared? It seems they put a lot if work in, it seems more like naivety to me (leaking overly positive messages before deals are completed, allowing clubs to take the piss, etc). 

I still think we'll get a few more in and one could well be Carlos, but getting a well seasoned DoF in will do the world of good. I know it won't happen overnight, but an effective scouting network won't go a miss either so we can identify a few hidden gems, rather than targeting the obvious.

When I say underprepared I am mainly pointing to the fact they did not secure a dof around the same time that they brought in the manager, dof should have been in weeks after at the most imo. What we are seeing now is just the trickle down effect of lacking structure around transfers/finances/scouting at the top.