More transfer rumours

midds

33 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think he’s really good yeah, he had a tough spell, but DDG had similar issues to him. I like Henderson too, either would be massive upgrades imho 

When you say “massive upgrades” can you give some substance to what you see? The few times I’ve seen both Henderson and Leno I’ve been very underwhelmed with their distribution and command of their box and general organising of a defence. Albeit I’ve only seen them a handful of times. Leno looked done when I last saw him confidence wise and Man Utd didn’t take long to realise DDG was probably not their issue at the back when they put Henderson in for a spell.

Obviously this window hasn't gone as I'd have liked it so far but I'm still reasonably optimistic. We've clearly got serious cash to throw about and the window will open up towards the end with loans becoming available, clubs shitting their kegs that they might miss out on some money, possibly the ACoN ending as well. 

Wish I could press the skip button until Feb 1st mind [emoji38]

Edited by TheHoob

Just now, Manxst said:

World record £72m goalkeeper fee in 2018

Ooof, fucking hell! Wonder how much he would cost, does anyone know how long he has left on his contract?

Guest carpetman1

I'm still awaiting the announcement of the "two medicals" that were booked in today, according to that ex ice hockey goalie on YouTube. Perhaps it's more catering staff. Those prawn sandwiches won't make themselves.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

When you say “massive upgrades” can you give some substance to what you see? The few times I’ve seen both Henderson and Leno I’ve been very underwhelmed with their distribution and command of their box and general organising of a defence. Albeit I’ve only seen them a handful of times. Leno looked done when I last saw him confidence wise and Man Utd didn’t take long to realise DDG was probably not their issue at the back when they put Henderson in for a spell.

In any case, Dubravka is good enough for this season as far as I'm concerned. Honestly GK is the last position I'm worried about right now. Even Darlow as a no 2 I can live with for now presuming he's fit. 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah sure, from my perspective Dubravka for whatever reason, has declined rapidly. He's committing basic goal keeping errors, and seems like his footwork and handling has gone to shit. Could be a bad spell/could be permanent. I think Kepa is capable of saves that a very small minority of kepers can make, and Henderson for me is basically a completely safe pair of hands. Not going to set the world alight but he does what he needs to do. That's a huge upgrade from Dubs and Darlow to me. I'm panicing whenever the ball goes near him atm. Kepa is a high risk transfer, it remains to be seen if he can capture what he initially had, but I enjoy those sorts of players.

Thought you were discussing Leno. If I’d known you were referring to Kepa I’d of been far more critical of my analysis. He’s possibly one of the weakest GK’s I’ve known in the EPL. Absolutely disastrous signing for Chelsea so far with only age on his side as positive for possible improvement. 

I swear checking in on how we are progressing signings this window is torture! 

On, off, might be on, off again, back on, has always been on, off, on, unlikely, deal close.... I think I'll leave it and just see who is the squad each game and keep my fingers crossed in between.

I'm tired of having these European teams waste our time. Pretty bad that we're about to go into yet another very important game without a new CB and it's the 20th today

"They're trying their best / January is difficult / Our league position is off-putting" - by this point surely you should be targeting the best players that wouldn't mind playing a season in the Championship. Are there no top tier Championship defenders that we can consider to offer a higher payday at a bigger club or players from midtable teams abroad that want to move to test themselves in England?

Edited by Amir_9

2 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I'm tired of having these European teams waste our time. Pretty bad that we're about to go into yet another very important game without a new CB and it's the 20th today

"They're trying their best / January is difficult / Our league position is off-putting" - by this point surely you should be targeting the best players that wouldn't mind playing a season in the Championship. Are there no top tier Championship defenders that we can consider for a higher payday at a bigger club or players from midtable teams abroad that want to move to test themselves in England?

I’m sure Botman/Carlos etc would come for the cash…the problem being that it’s their clubs that don’t want to sell- not the players lack of interest. We’re already offering bigger paydays to the players. 

If I were the consortium, I’d be keeping a list of all the clubs who have dicked us about and in a couple of years time just start fucking them up, unsettling players, gazumping their bids, stealing their youth prospects. Scorched earth.