More transfer rumours

midds

29 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Well, it's the penultimate Friday before the window "slams shut" Just going to bask in all the midfield links when they arrive..........

mr-bean-waiting.gif

Just as funny as when you did the same thing yesterday. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Nobody said:

Just as funny as when you did the same thing yesterday. 

I enjoyed it more when i did it 4 days ago.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, hakka said:

Yeah that was a good moment. Remember it like it was yesterday.

Just wait until tomorrow.....

Yeah, can't see there much in Zapata talk.

I'm sure the club has sounded out and made various degrees of contact on many players that we're hearing about. Deals like the Diego Carlos, Botman, and Lingard are the ones that have gone the distance to be taken serious in my opinion - the rest is just fluff and guff from Twitter and the various creatures surrounding the interest of Newcastle United and this transfer window.

Just doesn't make sense to me we'd spend £25M on Wood when we're ready to commit to spending £40M on someone levels above in Zapata. 

47 minutes ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Yeah, can't see there much in Zapata talk.

I'm sure the club has sounded out and made various degrees of contact on many players that we're hearing about. Deals like the Diego Carlos, Botman, and Lingard are the ones that have gone the distance to be taken serious in my opinion - the rest is just fluff and guff from Twitter and the various creatures surrounding the interest of Newcastle United and this transfer window.

Just doesn't make sense to me we'd spend £25M on Wood when we're ready to commit to spending £40M on someone levels above in Zapata. 

I'm not saying I think Zapata is a goer but I don't know why the bold would be so farfetched. We've got one PL quality striker and he's made of glass, hence us desperately punting on Wood. I'd be very concerned if they consider getting him as being job done on the striker front.

Sheff United paid £23.5 million for Rhian Brewster who has scored 0 prem goals for them and 2 in the championship.  Granted he is a lot younger and can improve but don't think 25 Million means that much tbh.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

I'm not saying I think Zapata is a goer but I don't know why the bold would be so farfetched. We've got one PL quality striker and he's made of glass, hence us desperately punting on Wood. I'd be very concerned if they consider getting him as being job done on the striker front.

Yeah, heaven help us. Let’s hope we’re never in Man City’s position of having to splash £100m on an attacking midfielder when they already have Foden, Silva, De Bruyne, Mahrez…

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah and Zapata is also really good. 

He'll be 31 in April, that would mean 3 strikers at the club around 30yrs in age, for a combined fee of about £70m. Actually it doesn't sound that bad when you look at it like that. 

Don't understand why we are in for Zapata if it's true.

We should have gone for him instead of Wood but too late now.

We don't create many chances so not sure why we would want two big, physical strikers up front.

We should be going for more of a winger/striker with pace imo.

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

certainly not slow, definitely physical 

He would be our only player that uses both feet.  Sign him up for that alone!

In all seriousness, his numbers and highlights make it seem like he'd automatically be our best source of goals and assists.  

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I really like him, absolute menace to defenders, good hold up play, is physically set up for PL imo. Would be over the moon personally if we got him 

It would mean you wouldn't have to lose your marbles watching Wood and all :lol: