More transfer rumours

midds

Guest Biggsbond14
16 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Hello Atalanta, NUFC here, we have agreed terms with your player......we are now ready to agree terms with you.....Whats that you say, tapping up....

Never thought of that and we can’t agree terms if the club haven’t given permission 

Zapata plays like Bellamy on steroids, he chases down everything, puts a high line pressure on defenders and can finish with either foot. He’d add the kind of dynamism ASM did for us under Bruce, but right at the very top. I’d be over the moon with this signing from what I’ve seen of him. 

Just now, TRon said:

What I meant was that they won't sell because we probably aren't in for those players. I haven't heard on serious football journalist suggest any of them as genuine targets, in the same way we've been hearing about Botman, Carlos or Lingard. 

Ah, ok 👍 

I’ve heard a few talk about Zapata I think? Vickery etc.

Just now, Manxst said:

Ah, ok 👍 

I’ve heard a few talk about Zapata I think? Vickery etc.

Well, here's hoping. I must admit I am not getting too caught up about any potential signing until we see some solid momentum building after all the Cantwell, Ekiteke and the rest of them have come and gone. I'm gonna wait for a thread to go up before I get too excited. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Never thought of that and we can’t agree terms if the club haven’t given permission 

Probably the club have given us prmission to talk to the player. A sign the player is for sale at the right price.

But we still have to agree a fee with the club if it's to go ahead of course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10427555/Newcastle-Watford-considering-loan-Leicester-City-midfielder-Hamza-Choudhury.html [emoji38]

Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury is being considered for a late loan deal by Watford and Newcastle United.

The England Under-21 international has impressed with his versatility, playing in an unfamiliar centre-back role after being called upon during a defensive injury crisis.

Can we afford the loan fee this time?

6 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10427555/Newcastle-Watford-considering-loan-Leicester-City-midfielder-Hamza-Choudhury.html [emoji38]

Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury is being considered for a late loan deal by Watford and Newcastle United.

The England Under-21 international has impressed with his versatility, playing in an unfamiliar centre-back role after being called upon during a defensive injury crisis.

Can we afford the loan fee this time?

FFS.

That would be massively underwhelming after a lot of the names we have been loosely linked with.  But still an improvement on our pathetic midfield.

If it is true that Howe wants proven Premier League players.  Then I kind of get that and it probably is important in the position we are in that they can at least get up to speed straight away.  But if we're going to be signing the likes of Choudhury.  Then I think I'd rather we took a punt on someone from abroad. 

17 minutes ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Bloke is total dog shite. Thought he was a total car crash playing centre back the other night. 

Had a good laugh when commentator said that Rodgers told him that "he's going to be his Mascherano". Couldn't get any more Brent.

Tbh, I was hoping Bruce would succeed in getting him in during the summer. Not because he's a good footballer, just that he was a midfielder who might close down the opposition players and win the ball now and then. We still don't have one of those. 

9 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Wich loan deals could improve us untill the season ends?

Hearing Choudhury and Loftus-Cheek mentiond today. Would they improve us?

Who else could be useful?

It's the easiest thing to say that anybody will be an improvement on a like for like basis, but we are so far behind we need massive wholesale improvement. A balance between reliable, oven ready PL plodders and a little bit of quality might be the recipe.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

It's the easiest thing to say that anybody will be an improvement on a like for like basis, but we are so far behind we need massive wholesale improvement. A balance between reliable, oven ready PL plodders and a little bit of quality might be the recipe.

What is really shocking is that you could argue before the window, the whole spine of the team was missing. A keeper who has been making mistakes, no decent CB, no competent CM, and with Wilson crocked, no CF either. 

So basically a team with the backbone of a jellyfish. 

1 minute ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I'd rather him than Lingard. I just don't think you can expect Lingard to re-bottle the lightning that made him so impressive last season at West Ham. Alli has more potential and is a bit of a better fit for the players we have right now.

please god no, I absolutely detest him.