More transfer rumours

midds

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Probably because I had a couple of years out but I’ve got a lot of time for Alli, always looked such a classy player IMO.

17/18 was his last decent season imo, and certainly the last when he got double figures in goals. 

edit- it was the last time he got double figures in assists too. 

Edited by Manxst

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Are people suggesting he has an attitude problem? I’m certainly not, but he certainly doesn’t seem desperate to come to the club. People have made fair arguments as to why that is (e.g. we’re absolutely hideous and very close to being nailed-on to get relegated) but if he’s not that keen to sign for us I think it can have a knock-on effect to his performances

I seem him as emblematic of the post-Ferguson era at Manchester United. He's 29, should be in the prime of his career, but he's played about 30mins of football since November and been paid a fortune (£100k+ a week) for years now. For a long time now he's been an established senior player, yet he's never been in any managers best XI, or long term plans - dating back to about 2015 really.

Players have been signed ahead of him, shunted him down the pecking order - failed and left; but he's never forced any managers hand that they should be playing him, trusting him to perform. Under SAF players like him were moved on, or wanted to move on.

Problem is the size of his wage has priced out the rest of the clubs in the league which could have been viable moves for him. Years ago he could have gone to a West Ham type of club, not just in last summer. But no fucker can afford him. 

Was a joy to see him play for West Ham last year, put in some truly class performances. Just bugs me thinking he's been happy enough to be a Man United sub the whole of his career, that and the whole JLingz carry on just makes me think he's a bit of a prat.

Edited by Clockwork Cheese

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He’d score 4-5 goals. Get him in.

He only got three goals in all competitions last year for Spurs! (Played 29, 3 goals, 5 assists)

Edited by Manxst

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

He only got three goals in all competitions last year for Spurs! (Played 18, 2 goals, 1 assist) 

He’d be our big player. Not crowded out by Kane, Son, Lucas, etc. Play him off Wood/Wilson for 15 games, play wingers, and I reckon he’ll get goals.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

He’d be our big player. Not crowded out by Kane, Son, Lucas, etc. Play him off Wood/Wilson for 15 games, play wingers, and I reckon he’ll get goals.

Unless he comes to prove a point and therefore his attitude and playing takes a massive upturn, I don’t reckon that at all. Who knows though? Doubt even he does. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Absolutely agree. He’s lost his way a bit but he has been a great player and is still young. He would do great here imo 

Judging by the last four years, I’d hardly call him a great player. He’s undoubtedly shown potential at the start of his career, but he’s done next to nothing since then? Still time to turn it around I guess. 

6 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Saying players are too expensive and targeting Hamza Choudhury on loan. 

Getting a bit familiar this window

I think next week we are going to be buzzing, 4 in next week is my gut feel!     Cant wait!

The Alli of a few years back was performing to a very high standard and developing into a top-class player with further potential, he clearly has talent and ability, but mentally he just doesn’t have it. He’d be a huge upgrade on our midfield/attack, however. Lingard likewise.

Edited by HTT II

39 minutes ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Love this whole conversation.

On a day to day basis though, I think Dele is one of those that needs a manager that is more positive and upbeat with their encouragement of him, which isn't really Mourinho's forte when the season gets up and running and things start getting tough.

Think he'd be a good fit with Howe.

46 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Saying players are too expensive and targeting Hamza Choudhury on loan. 

Getting a bit familiar this window

Eh? We've put in multiple bids that would be just below a club record and if had come off would be our biggest investment in years. Mental take this.