More transfer rumours

midds

A proper left wing-back who's good on the ball gives us a lot of flexibility like, I know it doesn't outright improve our starting XI to the extent a central midfielder would but we cannot really go the rest of the season with Dummett and Lewis. Dummett especially is a great stand in (and probably a more than capable starting LCD) but it means that our attacks down the left will always have to come from the winger and whoever plays LCM (Joelinton).

Edited by Hanshithispantz

27 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Linguard, Deli Ali, Ramsey, Wiltshere, would definitely bolster the British core of the squad, if we wanted to go down that route.

(Just to be clear, I'm not saying we need a British core necessarily)

but are you saying we need Wiltshire?

he’s been finished for years. No thanks. 

4 hours ago, Nine said:

22 days into the window and we have signed 2 players, neither in the most key areas (CB, CM). Although Wood was very important after Wilson’s injury. 

If you had known that on Jan 1st would you have been okay with it? 

It's never been about what we knew on Jan 1st. It's always been what we will know, come Feb 1st.

3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Alli possibly was 2nd choice after failing to get Lingard in. Don't think either would save our season but better than Willock or Almiron as an CAM?....yes, probably.

There is no single signing that is going to save us. We're missing quite a few pieces of that jigsaw. Not even sure we've got the box with the picture on it.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Picture the midfield three from last week and switch Longstaff with Alli - that's such a massive upgrade, even with him out of form. I think it would potentially be a really good signing, especially if he's up for reviving his career away from Spurs. 

Sort of thing we should have been doing in the first few days of the window tbh. 

I'd switch out Shelvey before Longstaff.

48 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's a fair comment. Any signing that enables Howe to implement his methods is an important one. 

Yep. If we have an attacking WB [who can also defend] on that side, it will make the opposition think twice about ripping the arse out of that side. As we saw against Watford, ASM was enough to keep them quiet for 88 mins, then we pulled the blanket down and we were fucked. Doesn't help that our blanket is the size of a belly button.

55 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

As silly as this sounds I think full back is a very important area in Howes system. He’s like them to overlap and get balls into the box so I can see why he’s going for this. 

I get this. But the spine of our team is currently similar to Billy’s after Predator had finished with him. 

Without a quality CM and CB as a minimum. We may as well start planing for the Championship in Feb. Lose today and that might be the case, anyway!

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I get this. But the spine of our team is currently similar to Billy’s after Predator had finished with him. 

Without a quality CM and CB as a minimum. We may as well start planing for the Championship in Feb. Lose today and that might be the case, anyway!

We definitely need more in those areas too! 

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

We need all 3 lets be honest. Dummett's return has made it less of an obvious concern, but we currently don't have no attacking WB that can defend. I'd be more than happy to let Lewis develop but he needs a Dummett, in a back 3 behind him. Howe is clearly not prepared to playy 3 at the back so we need an all-rounder for that position.

You know one big positive in this? Well for me anyway. It's that I can relearn who players are, if they're any good and who they play for. All down to the expertise on this board so thank you everyone.