More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Dele has been brutally mismanaged at Spurs, and his value has plummeted. They'll be glad to get something for him at this point. He's not beign used by Conte now either and so his value will only continue to fall further and further.

Mismanaged? By Mourinho, Nuno AND Conte? It screams lack of application by the player to get picked rather than mismanagement, imo. His performances when he DOES get picked back this up too- he hardly busts a gut and makes it impossible to drop him. 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Was watching some clips of that Mitchel Bakker kid and he looks like he would be a fantastic signing. Gets forward well and looks like he has a really good delivery into the box. 

Solid defensively ?

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Mismanaged? By Mourinho, Nuno AND Conte? It screams lack of application by the player to get picked rather than mismanagement, imo. His performances when he DOES get picked back this up too- he hardly busts a gut and makes it impossible to drop him. 

I said he has been badly mismanaged at Spurs and he has been. In the sense that they should have sold him much sooner, before he completely fell out of the picture. They will be in no kind of position to be tough in negotiations for him like your original post stated. Interest in him has completely dried up.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Solid defensively ?

Harder to say from youtube clips, but he does look like he's got decent pace and strength, and is physical when going after the ball. Think he'd be a very interesting signing.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I said he has been badly mismanaged at Spurs and he has been. In the sense that they should have sold him much sooner, before he completely fell out of the picture. They will be in no kind of position to be tough in negotiations for him like your original post stated. Interest in him has completely dried up.

My original post? Not me, I don’t think? They should’ve sold him a year or two back imo. His stock has fallen so badly they won’t be getting true market value right now. In respect of him being ‘mismanaged’- that’s nothing to do with being sold or not in my opinion. He’s been shite due to his own attitude and hence had limited appearances. That’s not mismanagement. It’s management that’s been perceived the right thing for the team/club. 

Just now, Manxst said:

My original post? Not me, I don’t think? They should’ve sold him a year or two back imo. His stock has fallen so badly they won’t be getting true market value right now. In respect of him being ‘mismanaged’- that’s nothing to do with being sold or not in my opinion. He’s been shite due to his own attitude and hence had limited appearances. That’s not mismanagement. It’s management that’s been perceived the right thing for the team/club. 

You appear to agree, then change your direction in order to disagree. I think what Kaka is saying is that he has been mismanaged precisely because he wasn't sold.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

You appear to agree, then change your direction in order to disagree. I think what Kaka is saying is that he has been mismanaged precisely because he wasn't sold.

Maybe. I got confused about him stating “tough in negotiations like your original post stated” which threw me as I’ve never said anything like that.

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Plus I don’t think him not being sold can be classed as ‘mismanagement’? He’s their commodity at the end of the day. Management is more to do with picking him and his availability for the team so long as he’s their player.

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah still need to address the midfield. More so than CB imo 

see I disagree with this. Not that we shouldn’t sign a midfielder, but personally I would prioritise atleast one cb. The amount of individual errors at cb this season has been ridiculous.

Just now, Rafalove said:

see I disagree with this. Not that we shouldn’t sign a midfielder, but personally I would prioritise atleast one cb. The amount of individual errors at cb this season has been ridiculous.

I know what you mean, and why you would see it that way, but our quality in midfield is even less than our quality at CB. If we get even one decent midfielder with some legs/creativity it takes such a massive amount of pressure off of our defense and they will look a much better unit.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Ah, it was the post I originally responded to from SUPERTOON. 

Dele was a huge asset at one point. People always tend to focus on his weaknesses i.e. defensive contribution, but he is lethal in the final third both scoring goals and creating them. Poch was clever enough to find a way to accommodate him in a team that went all the way to the Champions League final, and he was a key contributor.

Spurs have gone for a certain type of manager since Poch, and they are all types that would not really find a place for a player like Dele and so in the first instance once Mourinho came in and started ostracising him, they had to make a tough call at that point. If they were going to back Mourinho to the hilt then they should have moved him on when there was still pretty decent interest in him. Poch wanted him at PSG and I imagine they could have got a decent fee for him from them.