More transfer rumours

midds

Again hoping the Zapata patter is true. It seems like we have identified strong athletic beasts to give us much more presence to assert ourselves in games. 

Carlos, Botman, Badiashile, Bakker, Bisouma, Fofana, Haidara, Wood, Zapata. Pretty much everyone linked is a big bastard or physically beastly in a non Luke Chadwick way.

Trippier is a bit of an outlier in physical stature but he is an absolute terrier.

Pace, power and physical presence. I'm fucking all here for it if we can bring it in.

On 20/01/2022 at 21:48, mighty__mag said:

0_ceefaxpage.png

Fella, this was better, if you even know what it is.

Ah yes. The football results, the SMS chat (usually for sex) in which you paid 10 cents for each SMS, and so on.

Teletext is still active and well in Portugal. It is also used to enable captions for those with hearing disabilities, during some programs.

22 minutes ago, jotenko said:

Ah yes. The football results, the SMS chat (usually for sex) in which you paid 10 cents for each SMS, and so on.

Teletext is still active and well in Portugal. It is also used to enable captions for those with hearing disabilities, during some programs.

No brother, 301 was just football as far as I can remember. 

There was no wanking for 10p down the other end of a landline?

Maybe in Portugal, it's better? 

14 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

No brother, 301 was just football as far as I can remember. 

There was no wanking for 10p down the other end of a landline?

Maybe in Portugal, it's better? 

I never used BBC teletext but my guess is that 301 was just one of the pages. The page 100 was usually the index for any network. You were probably too dumb to realize this and you spent your youth looking at only one page. I am sorry for that.

So the chat service worked via SMS. You sent a SMS to a service number, and the message would appear in the teletext chat for everyone to see. You had to register yourself first.

That chat service costed 10 cent per message sent. This service worked till 2004, then it was removed because it was only used for booty calls. Other private channels have their teletext services still running, and those have their chat service still on. I just tested recently.

But as I said current use for teletext is mostly for captions for people with hearing problems. Even though it still is regularly updated with news and other info.

Edited by jotenko

9 minutes ago, jotenko said:

I never used BBC teletext but my guess is that 301 was just one of the pages. The page 100 was usually the index for any network. You were probably too dumb to realize this and you spent your youth looking at only one page. I am sorry for that.

So the chat service worked via SMS. You sent a SMS to a service number, and the message would appear in the teletext chat for everyone to see. You had to register yourself first.

That chat service costed 10 cent per message sent. This service worked till 2004, then it was removed because it was only used for booty calls. Other private channels have their teletext services still running, and those have their chat service still on. I just tested recently.

But as I said current use for teletext is mostly for captions for people with hearing problems.

Naa I played Bamboozle with me nan also.

So you just used it to send SMS for an expensive wank?

7880085owiefjsfs_465_274_int.jpg

:lol:

To those championing Lingard as the solution to our central midfield being shit, you do know he's not a central midfielder, yes?

He's a 10 or a winger. Stick him in the middle next to Joelinton and he'll look exactly as effective there as Willock does.

Don't get me wrong, Lingard would improve us (Who wouldn't?! :lol:) but he'd be replacing Fraser more than he'd be replacing Longstaff.

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Naa I played Bamboozle with me nan also.

So you just used it to send SMS for an expensive wank?

7880085owiefjsfs_465_274_int.jpg

:lol:

That face needs saving and put alongside the Pardew one 

3 hours ago, Chris_R said:

To those championing Lingard as the solution to our central midfield being shit, you do know he's not a central midfielder, yes?

He's a 10 or a winger. Stick him in the middle next to Joelinton and he'll look exactly as effective there as Willock does.

Don't get me wrong, Lingard would improve us (Who wouldn't?! :lol:) but he'd be replacing Fraser more than he'd be replacing Longstaff.

Don’t think I’ve seen anyone say he’s the answer to our CM problem ? Most I’ve seen me included want him as we need another advanced attacking midfielder, someone who can carry the ball and take pressure of ASM.

So 31 Jan permanent transfer deadline for English league clubs. Are Championship clubs allowed to get loans in after that?

Going to be hectic days for some players (currently two out for Trippier and Wood) once we conclude our signings late on. If we get U21s like Botman, Badiashile, Bakker, Ekitike in, they won't need squad lots.