More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Every journalist is immediately dismissed on here unless it’s overwhelming positive news. Even when they are right.

Edwards, like most journalists, clearly gets some right and some wrong but he’s been on the money quite a bit this January.

It’s plain and simple for us all to see with our own eyes the transfer window has been chaotic and lacking real strategy.

You know that How? Do tell are you itk? Edwards record speaks for itself !

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Every journalist is immediately dismissed on here unless it’s overwhelming positive news. Even when they are right.

Edwards, like most journalists, clearly gets some right and some wrong but he’s been on the money quite a bit this January.

It’s plain and simple for us all to see with our own eyes the transfer window has been chaotic and lacking real strategy.

He’s dismissed more coz he’s a complete dickhead who said the takeover was off about a month before it happened. He called the wood signing but not much else. He said we where signing lingard the other day then changed his story 5 minutes later.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Are you puke Edward’s? Or do you just have your tongue in his arse? 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s dismissed more coz he’s a complete dickhead who said the takeover was off about a month before it happened. He called the wood signing but not much else. He said we where signing lingard the other day then changed his story 5 minutes later.

He wasn’t wrong about the takeover ffs :lol: The takeover was off until the piracy was resolved. Even the consortium were allegedly caught out with it progressing.

His incorrect (likely Ashley released) Mauriss info was bollocks, but that’s the risk you take when you dance with the devil.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He wasn’t wrong about the takeover ffs :lol: The takeover was off until the piracy was resolved. Even the consortium were allegedly caught out with it progressing.

His incorrect (likely Ashley released) Mauriss info was bollocks, but that’s the risk you take when you dance with the devil.

He said the Saudis had pulled out he was completely wrong 😂

15 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I've seen no evidence of choas or a lack of strategy. Another football manager expert thinking transfer windows are easy to navigate.

Edwards is a WUM.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He said the Saudis had pulled out he was completely wrong 😂

And they had and weren’t willing to return unless there was a route for the deal to progress. That route for the deal? The only route?… The piracy.

Lets not forget our own lawyers said in a court case the Saudi’s had pulled out :lol: Edwards was reporting the same facts as the consortium were putting out very publicly. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I don't think he was wrong about the takeover necessarily, it was more the way he continually goaded and treated the fans he meant to be representing, writing piece after piece simply to tap into the fewm that he himself made, sending out tweets just to get a load of reactionary bullshit. I actually think he gets a few thing right, its just really hard to take him seriously when he writes certain articles as there seems to be a clear bias there, whether he knows it or not. 

I'm also of the opinion that this window was always going to be a mess, and anyone thinking otherwise was kidding themselves, everyone we go in for knows several things:

1) We are absolutely desperate for quality reinforcements due to our league position and new found long term ambitions.

2) We now have a bucket load of cash that we can supposedly spend and teams are going to want to maximise the amount they can rip us off.

3) We have to buy pretty much two thirds of a team as there has been such a prolonged period of time without investment in the playing squad.

4) The January window is notoriously tough to operate in, as most teams don't want to sell there best players mid-season.

We we're going into the window in such a position of weakness it's actually mental, they could have obviously done better to this point, I don't think there is any disputing that, but with all the intentions in the world I think this was the way it was always going to pan out. The only thing I think that could have alleviated the issues we're experiencing is hiring a DOF, but even with one in place I think we'd still have run into a lot of the same issues, and its such a vital role in modern day football that they need to get it right, so taking their time and doing due diligence was probably the right strategy. 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I've seen no evidence of choas or a lack of strategy. Another football manager expert thinking transfer windows are easy to navigate.

Edwards is a WUM.

Of course he’s a WUM. He knows the fans are easy to wind up and they react to every single thing he puts out.

Doesn’t stop him being right though.

Fans are too thick to realise that by getting aggressively angry and responding to every thing he says, they are generating him more interactions and therefore achieving his overall goal :lol: 

Just calm down and don’t read it if you don’t like him. But as I said, doesn’t stop him being right.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

And they had and weren’t willing to return unless there was a route for the deal to progress. That route for the deal? The only route?… The piracy.

Lets not forget our own lawyers said in a court case the Saudi’s had pulled out :lol: Edwards was reporting the same facts as the consortium were putting out very publicly. 

Defend him all you want, I’m not saying he doesn’t have sources like I said he got the wood one before anyone else, but he was completely wrong about the takeover, he’s up there with Simon Jordan in my eyes.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

“Mr Jowell also claimed there was no evidence the exact same deal remained on the table from the Saudi-backed consortium, who agreed to buy the club from Ashley for £300m 18 months ago. Hence the reason why Ashley was claiming for damages.”

doesn’t sound like they had pulled out, just that the terms might not be the same due to the length of time taken by the PL. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“Mr Jowell also claimed there was no evidence the exact same deal remained on the table from the Saudi-backed consortium, who agreed to buy the club from Ashley for £300m 18 months ago. Hence the reason why Ashley was claiming for damages.”

doesn’t sound like they had pulled out, just that the terms might not be the same due to the length of time taken by the PL. 

They clearly never pulled out otherwise it would never have gone to arbitration.

28 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It's not chaotic, it's very difficult to sign players in January, doubly so if you are Saudi-backed Newcastle United. We have to throw a wide net for that very reason. If Luke wasn't such a cunt he'd recognise that. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

It's not chaotic, it's very difficult to sign players in January, doubly so if you are Saudi-backed Newcastle United. We have to throw a wide net for that very reason. If Luke wasn't such a cunt he'd recognise that. 

Not just Luke, in fairness….

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Of course he’s a WUM. He knows the fans are easy to wind up and they react to every single thing he puts out.

Doesn’t stop him being right though.

Fans are too thick to realise that by getting aggressively angry and responding to every thing he says, they are generating him more interactions and therefore achieving his overall goal :lol: 

Just calm down and don’t read it if you don’t like him. But as I said, doesn’t stop him being right.

No issue with any of that.

I just don't agree that there is any major issue with recruitment. Its difficult.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He revels in playing the heel, especially now that he doesn't have the same access he's previously had through his mate, Brucey. It's fine, he reports from a different bias to Hope, Caulkin, Waugh, who try to lean more towards positive bias. Douglas and Edwards enjoy being the protagonists, let them. 

2 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Is that the big story he was working on? :lol:

:facepalm:

At least once a week tells us he is having a a glass of wine. Cheers Luke. Now could you maybe lget an exclusive once in a while. Always seems to be Hope or Ornstein never him

:lol:

What a shit article. No news and pure conjecture. 

Just now, ToonScotman said:

With us being away in Saudi until Saturday will that mean there will be no signings until then? 

Why would our trip mean that? Transfer bids/business can be conducted from anywhere? I’d imagine the management team would like new signings to be at the Saudi camp for team building etc.

1 minute ago, ToonScotman said:

With us being away in Saudi until Saturday will that mean there will be no signings until then? 

I'm hoping that we were waiting to reach Saudi before announcing the BIG one tbh.