More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Aston Villa haven’t really struggled after signing two quality players we wanted. Watford have recruited very early in the window despite big relegation fears.

I’m not saying it’s a tricky task - of course it is. But that task has been made harder by our clear lack of preparation and confusion behind the scenes (Hammond or no Hammond, a lack of DoF or football structure, chasing players who are clearly not available etc. etc.)

We should either focus on the players we absolutely want (Botman, Carlos etc.) and blow them out of the water by paying the release fee and over the odds, or we should have worked on alternative targets much earlier.

Sitting putting bid after bid in for unavailable players is clearly not going to work, especially if we are putting in those reported ridiculous CL winning clauses in.

Sounds like our lot prepared well for the transfer window.

They're definitely inexperienced and have likely been quite naive at times, but I'd say its only been confused if you take every press report at face value.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Alli is a seriously talented player, but his work rate seems to be questioned by both Mourinho and now Conte. Yet he thrived under Poch who played pressing football where you would have thought lazy players would get found out. Would be interesting to hear a Spurs fan perspective but @leffe186 doesn't seem to post much these days. 

I post a lot on Chat but much less on Football. Mentioned it before, I’m trying to walk away from footy as much as I can. I’m always going to be a Spurs fan of course, but football…well it just all fucking sucks :lol: It just doesn’t mean what it used to…to me.

Yeah the Alli thing is interesting. Of course, he was with Poch as he was developing as a player and a man - the issues came after. Maybe he doesn’t gel as well with Mourinho or Conte, but maybe he’s simply changed himself as he got older and more experienced. It’s still relatively early days with Conte though.

Not blaming the new owners either way but:

1 more = Poor Window

2 more = Average/minimum for what we need

3 more= Good Window

4+= Very good Window.

Also that scale represents my hope in staying up too. If we get 2 more, I reckon its a toss of a coin on whether we survive, 3 and we tip things in our favour.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Alli is a seriously talented player, but his work rate seems to be questioned by both Mourinho and now Conte. Yet he thrived under Poch who played pressing football where you would have thought lazy players would get found out. Would be interesting to hear a Spurs fan perspective but @leffe186 doesn't seem to post much these days. 

I think, watching from the outside, Mourinho used him as a bit of a scapegoat. Don’t think he’s suited to Conte’s system/style. I’d take him, beggars can’t be choosers…

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

I post a lot on Chat but much less on Football. Mentioned it before, I’m trying to walk away from footy as much as I can. I’m always going to be a Spurs fan of course, but football…well it just all fucking sucks :lol: It just doesn’t mean what it used to…to me.

Yeah the Alli thing is interesting. Of course, he was with Poch as he was developing as a player and a man - the issues came after. Maybe he doesn’t gel as well with Mourinho or Conte, but maybe he’s simply changed himself as he got older and more experienced. It’s still relatively early days with Conte though.

Cheers mate. Sounds like you would prefer to keep him at Spurs. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Going against his sky mates by saying that then 

Would take Downie over them, he’s quite tight with the regime from what I can gather. Kaveh and Darmesth probably more agents side.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Feel like lingard transforms our play tbh and would be a massive signing 

He's someone who looks as though he could handle the pressure of SJP. He believes in his ability, plays passes, takes shots on etc.

That's not to say I think he's a great player but he's very very good IMO.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think, watching from the outside, Mourinho used him as a bit of a scapegoat. Don’t think he’s suited to Conte’s system/style. I’d take him, beggars can’t be choosers…

https://www.givemesport.com/1756030-dele-alli-when-tottenham-star-was-called-out-by-jose-mourinho-in-team-meeting?amp

good article about it all. Mentions Alli being a ‘party boy’ and simply lacking motivation. 

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

We need a credible threat on the right, or an AM that's happy playing out there imo.

Lingard is far more flexible than Alli in that regard.

We could get both TBH. Neither player is out of our reach. We only need one of them to "work", to survive.

One signing to hit a purple patch, like Willock did, will be transformative 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

He's someone who looks as though he could handle the pressure of SJP. He believes in his ability, plays passes, takes shots on etc.

That's not to say I think he's a great player but he's very very good IMO.

Agreed and he also has the ability to get the ball and carry it which I don’t think we have anyone else really capable of doing.

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Would take Downie over them, he’s quite tight with the regime from what I can gather. Kaveh and Darmesth probably more agents side.

Downie lost a lot of credibility with the nonsense he posted about Digne earlier in the window.

I wasn’t overly impressed with Alli’s ‘airport video’ a year or two ago either. Just seemed twatish (although nothing to do with footballing ability, it suggests a less than professional and ‘switched on’ attitude imo). 

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Downie lost a lot of credibility with the nonsense he posted about Digne earlier in the window.

Don’t think a single journo has come out of it with credit other than Caulkin who has barely posted.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Not too fussed tbh. I mean, I’m trying not to care in general, but I certainly don’t care all that much if Alli goes.

Fair enough, we know what it's like to lose hope in your football club so I won't pester you about it any longer. :lol: