More transfer rumours

midds

'Outgoings' [emoji38]   Jeff Hendrick, Gillespie, Gayle if we get another forward in I'd be guessing. 

Our squad is paying the costly price of our academy being an absolute shamble for the past 15 years. This window has become the breaking point of years of neglect - academy wise, and squad balance/development to the fact we now need to offload before we can PL register, or have players kicking around being paid not to play again ala. Saivet/Atsu/Lazaar.  \

Fortunatly we're in a position were we can take the financial hit of paying players not to even be able to play, but if we're in for two centre backs you'd be thinking that Ciaran Clark will be told he can get to fuck. That'll mean a big pay-up on his contract likely if he wants to find a club to play; even it can be afforded, doubt heiracy will want to just be bleeding money on someone like Clark - not being able to find an exit for him could potentially stop a 2nd new CB being signed.  

Every other club in the league has a handful of U21 players - thus no need for PL registration - from their academies that they can rely on for 10 or so appearances a season. We haven't a single player in that regard, just seemingly a few names that fill up space on a match day bench.

Edited by Clockwork Cheese

51 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Really good article that. Key points for anyone who doesn’t have access:

- Still want 2 CB (Carlos, Badiashile)

- Still want 1 LB (Baaker)

- Still want 1 holding midfielder (Haidara/Bissouma)

- Still want attacking midfielder (Lingard)

- Still want another striker (Ekitike)

Usual names being mentioned, Gueye and Bissouma (he would be considered a marquee signing) are the names mentioned for DM alongside Kamara and Haidara.

Says now AFCON players will also be considered as well.

Something like that maybe?

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

You lot are optimistic if you think we’re bringing in 4 players this week. [emoji38]

Bakker and Lingard/Alli won't be too expensive. I think most of the money will be invested on Diego Carlos and a 50m CM. Probably close to 100m to sign these two players.

Edited by cranna

Linked with Dembele and Bissouma in the express along with calllling Shelvey a Wales international 

www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1554781/Newcastle-transfer-news-Yves-Bissouma-Ousmane-Dembele-signings-Premier-League/amp

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Something like that maybe?

I watched Ekitike last night against PSG, I don't think he's the right signing for now. He is very raw. Save the money and get Alli and/or Lingard. Botman is going to Milan, Maldini loves him. Badiashile is injured.

Edited by cranna

Just now, r0cafella said:

Out of interest, do folks reckon we are going to spend north of 100mil in the remainder of the window?

I think theyve made it clear that if we can get the players we would spend whatever if its at an agreeable price.  I doubt we will but simply because the players we want wont come.  Next summer though, if we stay up, I bet we spend 250M+

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Out of interest, do folks reckon we are going to spend north of 100mil in the remainder of the window?

We seem to be chucking £30m bids around all over the place so there's got to be a good chance

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Excluding Trippier and Wood monies? If so, think it will be lower than 100m. 

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think theyve made it clear that if we can get the players we would spend whatever if its at an agreeable price.  I doubt we will but simply because the players we want wont come.  Next summer though, if we stay up, I bet we spend 250M+

The club cannot afford relegation. We are going to spend BIG this week. 

This week really is massive like. 

We've failed to nail our first choice targets clearly. Fine - its a difficult window to do business in and bringing in top level players to a side in the bottom three is a big ask. However, you'd hope there are backups. There are plenty of players out there who would improve this side and keep us up. Yes we'll have to overpay, but thats the fact of the matter. We're so weak at left back, centre half and centre midfield that there is a plethora of players that would improve us. The fact that Dummett is looking like first choice left back tells you all you need to know, its not like we're trying to improve on good players here - we just need players who are somewhat competent. We're trying to improve on players who aren't close to PL quality - not make a jump from good players to world class players. 

We can hope that they've identified targets and have a viable plan B. There really is no excuses for not getting a few through the door like, given how weak we are in certain areas. 

23 minutes ago, LRD said:

Based on absolutely nothing, can see two loans, two permanents in.

My prediction 

5 signings 

3 permanent 

1 centre back 

1 left back 

1 defensive midfielder (marquee)

2 loans 

1 attacking centre mid 

1 centre forward / winger type 

Someone is going to roll the dice on Bissouma, any court cases happening probably won’t happen for another year or so anyway but.. will the new owners want to be associated with that?

50 million could end up cheap if charges get dropped.

Being bailed twice suggests there’s something more to it.