More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Stupid question, but if we have a homegrown player (e.g. Longstaff) who then gets older, does he take up a squad place at age 25 or is he permanently exempt as he came through our academy?

We need to register 4 academy trained players and 8 nationally-trained players (Which will include the 4 academy trained players) in the Champions League. Obviously we hope one day that's relevant, but it's some way off.

4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Stupid question, but if we have a homegrown player (e.g. Longstaff) who then gets older, does he take up a squad place at age 25 or is he permanently exempt as he came through our academy?

Need a spot in the 25 man squad but counts towards homegrown requirement of 8 (we have plenty).

8 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Any player above age of 21 needs registering towards a 25 man squad, although any U21 player doesn't need registering regardless of homegrown status. 

Out of the 25 man squad, you need at least 8 players registered that are classed as homegrown.

Currently only Matty Longstaff, and Elliot Anderson are the only players we have U21 that have actually played for the club! 

Edited by Clockwork Cheese

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Why are Leverkusen so open to selling Bakker?

Doubt it’s much more than doubling their money in 6 months and they always have to sell to keep going. Plus Covid restrictions are still hitting German teams financially.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Why are Leverkusen so open to selling Bakker?

Probably just happy to make a quick profit on the guy and they maybe have other alternatives in that position in the team that they rate, or perhaps their recruitment team have other left backs on their list that they're happy to bring in that will still leave them with a decent profit. 

In any case the deal seems very fair and I really like what I've seen and read up on the guy, and so I hope we can get a deal done. 

I think we'll probably make all the 5-6 signings we are aiming for this week, and they'll likely come in thick and fast. I get the impression we will probably now move for the targets that are more 'realistic'. Think they'll still be talented players, but slightly less heralded. Some of the names that fit this mould have started popping up in the last few weeks, like Mitchel Bakker, Marcos Senesi, Attila Szalai, Duje Caleta-Car, Pape Abou Cisse etc.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think we'll probably make all the 5-6 signings we are aiming for this week, and they'll likely come in thick and fast. I get the impression we will probably now move for the targets that are more 'realistic'. Think they'll still be talented players, but slightly less heralded. Some of the names that fit this mould have started popping up in the last few weeks, like Mitchel Bakker, Marcos Senesi, Attila Szalai, Duje Caleta-Car, Pape Abou Cisse etc.

Sounds a bit optimistic to me that we'll get 5-6 players in..

1 minute ago, triggs said:

Thought Bakker looked completely out of place when he was at PSG in some big CL games but he was very young and obviously that's a much higher level

Yeah that's my only memory of him too and curious to know why Leverkusen would sell him if he was any good

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Only just mentioned him yesterday. Every time I've seen him he's looked absolute quality for Southampton. Not sure I'd choose him over an established CL defender like, but I've only seen good things from him.