More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I get the feeling they're happy to pay premium for our "main" centreback. Wouldn't surprise me if we paid that much at all.

Although we're obviously not willing to pay 'that' much of a premium given that we seem to have been haggling over clauses rather than just paying whatever it takes to get them in.

I was watching some of Alli's highlights back last night and I didn't realise how absolutely class he was, tbh. Not just his goals but some of his skill & athleticism too - I'd always thought of him as a bit of a poaching no.10 but he was skinning players and all sorts. Bit of a dirty bastard too which is always handy to have on your side.

Feels very fanciful that he'll get back to anywhere near that level though, as it's now years since he was that player. Seems like a mixture of injuries, mentality, and change in style/system have seen him decline. 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I was watching some of Alli's highlights back last night and I didn't realise how absolutely class he was, tbh. Not just his goals but some of his skill & athleticism too - I'd always thought of him as a bit of a poaching no.10 but he was skinning players and all sorts. Bit of a dirty bastard too which is always handy to have on your side.

Feels very fanciful that he'll get back to anywhere near that level though, as it's now years since he was that player. Seems like a mixture of injuries, mentality, and change in style/system have seen him decline. 

How many times do players with this type of narrative come back, turn things around and revive their careers? Even if we got half the player he was it would be an upgrade tbf 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He has the tools and is only 25. He absolutely can be very good again. I'd be very happy if we get him. Ideally him and Lingard. I suspect Lingard might fancy coming if Dele Alli is here. Still will need that physical break up play centre mid.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Edwards is saying the Bakker deal has collapsed, I've not seen anything about it had anyone else? 

Collapsed or was never happening in the first place? :lol:

didn’t see anyone from the athletic or the bbc confirm it. 

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Edwards is saying the Bakker deal has collapsed, I've not seen anything about it had anyone else? 

Collapsed or was never happening in the first place? :lol:

didn’t see anyone from the athletic or the bbc confirm our interest.