More transfer rumours

midds

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Man U, West Ham, Real, Barca…

Not sure why people bother even talking about players like Kamara or Vlahovic, I think we are a year or two from being able to compete for that calibre of  player. 

19 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

These are all talented players, but Ramsey is not the answer sorry. A beast in the middle would transform this team. Getting Lingard and Tarkowski is good but the defence got to get protection. For all the Joelinton and Shelvey having good games lately, legs in the middle should be highest on the agenda.

Agreed

As we've seen before, legs in the middle (e.g. A N'Golo Kante type) is literally the difference between being at the bottom end one season and finishing top the next season.

It would transform us more than any other position.  

31 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not sure why people bother even talking about players like Kamara or Vlahovic, I think we are a year or two from being able to compete for that calibre of  player. 

Kamara isn't the same level as Vlahovic. He's very good and has a good future ahead of him, but people are talking about him as we've been interested in him since before the takeover and he has 6 months left on his contract atm. 

54 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Kamara isn't the same level as Vlahovic. He's very good and has a good future ahead of him, but people are talking about him as we've been interested in him since before the takeover and he has 6 months left on his contract atm. 

I suppose it depends on who else is in for him though. We know Arsenal are leading the race for Vlahovic, so that's a non-starter, does Kamara have other clubs in for him who might be ahead of us at this point?

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I suppose it depends on who else is in for him though. We know Arsenal are leading the race for Vlahovic, so that's a non-starter, does Kamara have other clubs in for him who might be ahead of us at this point?

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/24/man-utd-in-pole-position-to-sign-boubacar-kamara-ahead-of-real-madrid-and-barcelona-15976335/amp/

If they could only fill one position centre midfield would be it, legs and athleticism are sorely missed in there. Would like to see Lingard and another attacker but really need to create that solid base as well, centre defence, centre midfield and 1-2 attacking options.

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Nunez would be exciting like. 

Worth the longterm gamble and could play off Wood or Wilson. 

Feel like Zapata would be more of an instant hit now, Nunez would be a bit more of a risk but far higher long term reward. He is on fire this season.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Worth the longterm gamble and could play off Wood or Wilson. 

Feel like Zapata would be more of an instant hit now, Nunez would be a bit more of a risk but far higher long term reward. He is on fire this season.

I know Zapata is ridiculously expensive for a nearly 31 year old, but really think if we signed him we'd be guaranteed safety. He looks absolute top level.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

We need goals tbh. We are very reliant on Wilson, and Wood ain’t it I’m afraid 

Sorting that midfield would change how we attack fundamentally. We are expecting ASM, Wood etc to feed on scraps. A good midfield would help control games more, regain possession and offer outlet further up the pitch for them

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

I know Zapata is ridiculously expensive for a nearly 31 year old, but really think if we signed him we'd be guaranteed safety. He looks absolute top level.

Reckon he'd do even better in England than in Italy. 

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

Man Utd have been rumoured to be but there's nothing concrete. Same with Villa, Wolves, et al. We'll see, but he isn't unrealistic imo, definitely not as unrealistic as Vlahovic. No chance of getting players like that until we're in and around European positions, nevermind safe from relegation.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Vlahovic looks limited anyway. I know he's only young like, but feel like someone is going to stung for £80m or whatever daft it is he's being touted for.