More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Thiago said:

I'd like Bremer from Torino. Tarkowski I'm 50-50 on. Could easily see him being like Michael Keane. 

Bremer looks good, as does Sensini and Szalai. I’m sure we’ll get SOMEONE! 

1 minute ago, Thiago said:

I'd like Bremer from Torino. Tarkowski I'm 50-50 on. Could easily see him being like Michael Keane. 

Agree on this - I'd be more 25-75.

Tarkowski has been a 'name' for quite a few seasons now. Sounds simple to say, but I think if he was that good - good enough that we should be seriously looking at above alternatives from European level clubs - he wouldn't still be playing for Burnley. A bigger and better club than us would have surely come in for him over past seasons if he really was thought to be a cut above the bottom rung of the PL - never getting a sniff from Southgate would also speak to his limitations I think as well. 

For £10-£15M, yeah - don't have to think twice; that would have been situation likely many times when clubs have looked at him, but he's not going to be worth the value Burnley are wanting. 

Keane didn't stick around at Burnley too long after coming to prominence. Tarkowski did 6 months after Keane leaving, and is still there 5 years on. Keane was a lot young, far better on the ball and has at least gone on to play for England before his career tanking.