More transfer rumours

midds

I said as far back as when we were hesitating wuth sacking Bruce, then finding a replacement, then with Emery and Howe, plus the bollocks amount of time we have thought about a DoF and etc, those were all just a hint of how this window would go. Lumbering from one target to another and settling for scraps. This will be more costly than the earlier delays. They have a chance to give the club a chance to survive but it doesn't look good.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

I said as far back as when we were hesitating wuth sacking Bruce, then finding a replacement, then with Emery and Howe, plus the bollocks amount of time we have thought about a DoF and etc, those were all just a hint of how this window would go. Lumbering from one target to another and settling for scraps. This will be more costly than the earlier delays. They have a chance to give the club a chance to survive but it doesn't look good.

I was hoping those were just signs of them taking their time to get things right, but it's looking increasingly like they have a lot to learn about running a football club and they are learning the hard way.

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I can't equate it to the Bruce sacking as that was truly bizarre. 

Everyone knew this was going to be a tough window, January always is, especially when trying to rebuild a squad. Players cost a premium mid-season, we are desperate and clubs think they know our available resources. I'm not going to blame the owners.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ross Barkley links popping up today now.

Saw that yesterday but chose to ignore it existed! :huff:

We are going from Botman/Carlos and Haidara to Nate Phillips and Alli to Dan Burn and Ross Barkley then to the championship.   Ok knee jerk over. So much paper talk and unlikely many people have any clue where we are at or who we are close to. All part of the ride!

Might just sign off till Feb 1st as not as knowledgeable as some of the transfer experts on here who have negotiated multiple transfers on multiple occasions and are able to judge things a disaster based on their own experiences of how to manage a transfer window

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

My fear is not a single credible link to a defensive mid? That seems insane to me.

Agree. It will be insane if we don't get one in by Monday. Its so obvious we need one.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I get where Hope is coming from, but my opinion won't change between now and Monday. If we get the required bodies in, it's a good window, if we don't  it's a bad window.

The owners know what's at stake, so it'll be a busy few days.

I'm the same, getting the relevant players in now or Monday isn't a huge difference

If by the close of window we haven't added another player then it's a poor window

How many additional we had and the quality will determine if it remains poor or is good, class, amazing etc