More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’ve answered this already - I’m not a paid football scout. We literally pay people thousands to do this work and the best they can identify is some lumps from their own league.

However, it’s not rocket science to realise there will be players better than Ciaran fucking Clark available in Europe. 

We could go to most Germany, French or Spanish sides (aside from the top clubs in each team) and handpick any player we wanted based on our transfer fund and proposed wages for other players which would be a significant increase.

For example, Valencia have just bought a CB from Basel for less than a million. Would wager my next pay packet he wouldn’t be any worse than what we have.

Tbf I reckon our scouting is through Football Manager as now considering how lean we were run :lol: - But yeah you would imagine that in the midtable teams around the leagues in Europe there is someone better than Clark.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

For example, Valencia have just bought a CB from Basel for less than a million. Would wager my next pay packet he wouldn’t be any worse than what we have.

I'd wager my next pay packet that there would be a lot on here complaining if we spent less than £1m on a player this window.

Guest carpetman1
22 minutes ago, Rich said:

Not high enough to dislodge Shelvey or Super Diamé, sadly.

Just when I'd forgotten Mo Donkey.

We're nearly 26 days in to the transfer window and we've only got Trippier and Wood in. Yeah that's disappointing as it's nowhere near what's required but then you look at the this window so far and only really Villa have done anything of note.

I think we'll maybe get Lingard done and not quite sure after that. Deadline day is gonna hit different this year :lol:

I still think we’re down without a centre mid. I feel like our options are even worse there than centre back. At this point, a high end Championship midfielder who can run about a bit and break up play would be an improvement. 

Get a CM in ASAP. CB and Lingard and/or a striker would also be nice. 

The Spanish press have said consistently from the off that it'd take a bid, somewhere in the region of his release clause, for Sevilla to part ways with him. If he's an integral part of a side challenging for the league and a European Cup they're perfectly entitled to do that. The most recent reports have led us to believe we haven't returned after a second bid was rejected.

If you believe the English press Sevilla have unreasonably moved the goal posts, constantly raising the fee, but not a single source has been consistent in what we have bid or what Sevilla have asked for. They've simply maintained a 'talks are ongoing' line throughout. 

As ever, I'd imagine the truth is somewhere in between.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d go for that Berge from sheff Utd if he’s fully fit now.

Not really seen much of him, but seems highly rated. I always thought Lerma looked good and worth a punt. Then again. I remember thinking Lemina looked class for Southampton whenever I saw him and we were linked a few years back. Totally dropped off. So not sure I’m the best judge of ‘average’ midfielders to take a punt on. 

1 hour ago, oldtype said:

IMO it's not surprising at all that they're struggling to reposition once their initial targets slipped away, given that we don't even have a permanent director of football in place and are probably relying entirely on scouting data from the old regime.

This just shows Nickson is poor at his job. Carr would have been ready 100% for new investment at any point.