More transfer rumours

midds

Surprised that anyone thinks Burn wouldn't be an immediate improvement. He's much better than Lascelles etc. 15m is what they want, therefore we could probably get him for 13 or so, which sounds good to me.

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

And do what?

Doing the lords work and keeping this thread updated so I don’t have to keep scrolling Twitter for respectable sources. 

Off topic but there’s a few guys on here keeping this almost instantly updated and you guys are the real mvps of this window. 

Alright, time for a pointless update that you could get at any reputable NUFC outlet before I start doing some actual work today:

Goalkeeper

Nothing doing right now, in public at least, but there have been links to Dean Henderson (Man Utd) and Bernd Leno (Arsenal). Seems like one we could move on if someone became available.

Right-back
Signed a world-class one in Kieran Trippier (Atletico), we're sound here.

Centre-back

On the right side, the Diego Carlos (Sevilla) saga appears to have ended and there's no solid bids emerging for anyone else, though James Tarkowski (Burnley) and Nat Phillips (Liverpool) have been mentioned almost daily in dispatches. Gleison Bremer (Torino) fits the bill in terms of being Brazilian and having a surname that ends in "B", but it's gone a bit quiet there, as with Nikola Milenkovic (Fiorentina) and Issa Diop (West Ham).

It seems like Dan Burn (Brighton) is the "safe" (or "cheap") option on the left, after the saga for Sven Botman (Lille) ended and things went quiet on Benoit Badiashile (Monaco). Attila Szalai (Fenerbahce) has also been linked and is another left-footer.

Left-back

Unless they've kept someone under wraps, it appears to be between Mitchel Bakker (Leverkusen) and Rogerio (Sassuolo), if this one gets done at all. Matt Targett (Villa) also linked after Lucas Digne (Everton) chose Villa over us, the fucking weapon.

Centre Midfield

Bruno Guimaraes (Lyon) looks to be a goer and appears to be exactly what we need, while Yves Bissouma (Brighton) has consistently been linked with a £50M bid and was eliminated from the AFCON last nigh. Ibrahim Sangare (PSV) could come into contention for the same reason after some prior stories, along with Amadou Haidara (Leipzig) and Franck Kessie (Milan), though these last two would be very speculative.

If we're lumping Jesse Lingard (Man Utd) and Dele Alli (Spurs) in here, then Lingard is apparently dead but could be resurrected at the death (he joined West Ham on the 29th last season) and Alli appears nothing more than a backup option. Aaron Ramsey (Juventus) is possibly another option here, but it's never been a really solid link.

Wide Midfield
Thomas Muller (Bayern) is the latest big name to be floated here, after Eden Hazard (Real Madrid) and Moussa Dembele (Barcelona) in recent weeks. It doesn't seem like we're targeting anyone here as a priority, but like GK it's probably a deal that would be done if a great option became available. All seems a bit unrealistic and daft at the moment, though.

Striker
Surely Chris Wood (Burnley) isn't it? Strong rumours on Duvan Zapata (Atalanta) in the past week but it hasn't ever seemed to go anywhere, while the link to Darwin Nunez (Benfica) refuses to go away and the fees being discussed are a bit mental. It does seem like we're actively looking here, but there haven't been any "new" names in the mix for well over a week now. Bamba Dieng (Marseille) has had more mentions, along with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal). I feel silly even mentioning Victor Osimhen (Napoli), tbh.

I'm still hoping for LCB, RCB, LB, CM/DM, CM/AM, and ST before the deadline, but time is running very short to get all of those done. CB and CM/DM are absolutely pivotal, with another ST probably being third in the queue, for me. Howay the transfer team! 

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

Bit boring today.

All quiet on the Bruno front can only be a good thing. He's the one that counts, as I'm pretty sure the Burn deal will get done if we really want him.