More transfer rumours

midds

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We still need atleast 1 dedicated CB. A LB would be great although Manquillo made a case for it against Leeds.

Then at least 2 players who can cover the wings, CAM, and ST. Willock looked better but I still don't really trust him. Fraser has been decent due to his work rate but he isn't really a winger anymore. 

So if we get Burn, Bakker and Lingard we're looking almost good imo, bring in a striker who can help out in midfield and/or on the wings and the quality and balance of the side looks acceptable, which seemed a long way off a week ago.

So another 6 on top of bruno?

[emoji38]

Given how many times we’ve given away leads in games I think if we upgrade the midfield and defence we’re probably just about ok. Bakke and Burn seem like pretty strong links. I’d feel a lot more confident if we could get another goal scoring option in to finish off teams. Someone like Lingard would be ideal and could see that going through on the final day. I wouldn’t rule out something out of the blue too in terms of a striker 

6 hours ago, Charlies said:

If I were to choose I would rather have Zapata. I just like him more as a player and Morata has always just gone to club with top players and never really smashed it besides his one extreme season in Real Madrid. And Zapata is already in very good form for Atalanta.

Still want a CB, LB, and attacking reinforcements after Bruno according to the athletic.

No new names linked, seems Burn is the CB target and Zapata and Lingard the only real names mentioned attacking wise.

Edited by SUPERTOON

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still want a CB, LB, and attacking reinforcements after Bruno according to the athletic.

No new names linked, seems Burn is the CB target and Zapata and Lingard the only real names mentioned attacking wise.

If we got all this done it would be nothing short of incredible. 

Morata may not be prolific and does seem wasteful in front of goal, but his movement and off the ball runs are superb and that’s something we lack, he would be a great signing IMO. Of what I’ve seen of Zapata though he would be incredible for us, pace, bags of energy, chases everything down, scores and just doesn’t give the defenders a rest. He was immense I thought against Man City in the CL.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Morata may not be prolific and does seem wasteful in front of goal, but his movement and off the ball runs are superb and that’s something we lack, he would be a great signing IMO. Of what I’ve seen of Zapata though he would be incredible for us, pace, bags of energy, chases everything down, scores and just doesn’t give the defenders a rest. He was immense I thought against Man City in the CL.

Thats fair assesment, I dont get me wrong I wouldn't say no to a Morata loan cause he has the movement and runs. But Zapata would as you said be immense right now.

Just now, worthy said:

Thats fair assesment, I dont get me wrong I wouldn't say no to a Morata loan cause he has the movement and runs. But Zapata would as you said be immense right now.

Fuck it get them both in ha ha!

I honestly think Morata is one of those players who "flatter to decieve", he seems to get in the right positions and arguably has a lot of chances, but on far too many occasions he fluffls his lines.

Not for me thanks. To be fair, would be an upgrade on Chris Woods, but unless it´s a loan I wouldn´t want him as our striker next season (if we stay up). 

P-S- He´s not very fast. I like a pacy striker better tbh

7 hours ago, Mole said:

Does he? He's scored 15 league goals in a season once his whole career and 15 or more in all comps 3 times.

I feel like he isn't as prolific as the teams he plays for suggests he should have. Obviously miles better than anything this team has had in a long time tho.

10, 10, 14, 12. The last four seasons in the PL. 

Whoops, that’s Wood. 

5 minutes ago, buzza said:

I honestly think Morata is one of those players who "flatter to decieve", he seems to get in the right positions and arguably has a lot of chances, but on far too many occasions he fluffls his lines.

Not for me thanks. To be fair, would be an upgrade on Chris Woods, but unless it´s a loan I wouldn´t want him as our striker next season (if we stay up). 

P-S- He´s not very fast. I like a pacy striker better tbh

Agree with you. I don't think he's been very good for a long time to be honest, still seems to have this high reputation which I don't really understand.

Only seen that Bruno on YouTube, obviously he looks absolutely amazing but would a midfield of him and Shelvey protect the back four enough or should we be going for a more defensive midfielder to partner Bruno? (I realise that Howe likes Shelvey though and this is unlikely)

Edited by PeepShow4life

Just now, r0cafella said:

I know it’s unlikely to happen but another midfielder of Bruno’s quality would be mine blowing :lol:

Aye that won't happen. Hopefully we can get Lingard in and we've given ourselves a real shot in the arm to stay up. (on the assumption we actually do buy a defender as well) 

Just now, PeepShow4life said:

Only seen that Bruno on YouTube, obviously he looks absolutely amazing but would a midfield of him and Shelvey protect the back four enough or should we be going for a more defensive midfielder to partner Bruno? (I realise that Howe likes Shelvey though and this is unlikely)

Wasnt there quotes that we were looking for a CM (Bruno G.) and a holding CM as well? - I cant remember where I read it right now, but if there is any truth to this.

Just now, PeepShow4life said:

Only seen that Bruno on YouTube, obviously he looks absolutely amazing but would a midfield of him and Shelvey protect the back four enough or should we be going for a more defensive midfielder to partner Bruno. (I realise that Howe likes Shelvey though and this is unlikely)

We should stick with a 3 man midfield. 

Bruno playing deepest with Wilock and Joelinton ahead of him. (On the basis Wilock plays like he did in the second half of the Leeds game)