More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well, those two were available and we wouldn’t.

How do we know that it has anything to do with wages though? Right now Aston Villa is in a much better position to attract players. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

You think those 2 are world class ? They aren’t even close.

And Bale and PEA are? 

We aren’t signing anyone ‘world class’. One for the reason I’ve already mentioned, secondly because they wouldn’t come with our position.

Any signings would be in the Botman, Carlos, Bruno sort of area. Which is fantastic for us, obviously. I suspect we may end up trying again for Carlos, if anything.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

How do we know that it has anything to do with wages though? Right now Aston Villa is in a much better position to attract players. 

Howe has said he doesnt want to unsettle the squad by bringing in someone on a massive wage, so you'd assume £100kish a week is about as high as we'll go right now 

Edit: See you what you are saying, wages might not even come into it

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

Howe has said he doesnt want to unsettle the squad by bringing in someone on a massive wage, so you'd assume £100kish a week is about as high as we'll go right now 

As far as i'm aware, there isnt actually a quote saying that, its just something that come from the media as a potential thing. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

It was reported by at least two journos (Hope and one of the Sky lot IIRC) that we didn’t even go in for them because of the wages.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

And Bale and PEA are? 

We aren’t signing anyone ‘world class’. One for the reason I’ve already mentioned, secondly because they wouldn’t come with our position.

Any signings would be in the Botman, Carlos, Bruno sort of area. Which is fantastic for us, obviously. I suspect we may end up trying again for Carlos, if anything.

I never said they are world class at all I was joining in the complete hypothetical guesses people where making and I said I would take Bale and Auba for 6 months. Never once said they are world class.

Also you have no idea what type of wages we are willing to offer.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

When did Howe say it ?

As someone said above it might have just been reported by media, either way it is almost always par for the course for any club that is heading in a more ambitious direction. You generally wouldnt just bring a player on double the wage of the rest of the squad, it would be done more gradual than that. Alot of these footballers have fragile egos [emoji38]

If a club is wanting to shift a high-value player in the next few days and / or agent looking to get a big payday, we would be the club everyone would be calling up.

I’d expect the board to be presented with a lot of new opportunities this weekend, players that weren’t interested but now are; teams that are now looking to sell who weren’t before.

Perhaps I’m too optimistic, but I think we’ll get another ‘statement’ signing after Guimaraes

In the last hour on monday I hope we sign some unheard 18 year old geezer from Porto(or something) with bags of skill for £5M, who will make the right wing position his own and become the bargain buy of the season in the PL.