More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

It’s concerning we’ve got to deadline day with no CB, LB, winger, attacking midfielder or mobile striker. That’s a lot of business to try and conclude in one day

The only one I really care about now is a CB. The others are added bonuses. Didn’t ever expect us to sign more than 4 players this window.

8 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

It’s concerning we’ve got to deadline day with no CB, LB, winger, attacking midfielder or mobile striker. That’s a lot of business to try and conclude in one day

It's concerning you thought we were going to sign all those players on top of the 3 we've already signed.

13 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Yeah but it's not football manager or fifa as you've been pointing out every other day on here.

We ain't signing Bruno plus 5. It'll be Bruno plus 3 more if we're lucky imo.

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

It's concerning you thought we were going to sign all those players on top of the 3 we've already signed.

That post was not worded correctly - there should’ve been a couple of ‘or’s in there. I didn’t expect us to sign them all at all, but we haven’t signed any of them.

A very good CB (someone quicker than Dan Burn), plus someone who can occupy the right hand side of a forward 3 in place of Fraser would be the bare minimum to shoot for safety IMHO. Attainable if we don’t worry about getting shafted over fees.

Fairly confident we will get 2 after Bruno. 

I doubt even NUFC know who at this stage. They will need to be flexible and move quickly when the right deal pops up.

I hope we have 5m set aside to over pay on a couple of deals if needs be, loan fees or whatever.

19 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

That post was not worded correctly - there should’ve been a couple of ‘or’s in there. I didn’t expect us to sign them all at all, but we haven’t signed any of them.

If we got a centre back and another midfielder, I'd be happy.

2 minutes ago, LRD said:

CB and right-sided forward for me.

Lingard would have covered wide forward, AM, and false nine, a lot of cover from one player.

Lingard, Burn, plus a proper attempt at a(nother) statement signing, at the level of Botman or Carlos, would have made me very happy. A failed attempt would be fine, because I think those two would be enough. Both Lingard and Burn can be bettered at the individual positions of course, but they offered lots of flexibility and cover and are 100% Premier League ready.

The lad from Montpellier can play wide and more as a striker, can’t he? Mavididi?

Would be a good option and cover seeing as the Lingard deal is dead. But may have left it a bit late now. As not like a loan or a player they are actively looking to get rid of. 

if it is only one more (assuming it’ll be a centre half) then it’s not good enough imo. Don’t get me wrong we’ve done good business but We are in the relegation zone. We should have thrown everything at this to get enough of what’s needed and I don’t think it’ll be enough specifically in forward areas 

Edited by gdm

Also, bare in mind that after today the chances of us signing anyone from the continent drops dramatically, due to logistics. I believe loans from abroad are less complex because medicals aren't as important, therefore deals can still be done without all parties in the same room.

They might be trying to make two signings that they've been working on most of the window. They could still pick up some last minute loans if they pop up.

I'll reserve judgement till Monday night but if we get no more after Bruno I'd be a little underwhelmed.

Excited about Bruno. But if we only get one more in I'll be very disappointed. It's been almost a month and we've got 2 players in (don't count Wood as it was a straight forward deal). 

I wouldn't be surprised if we fail to get even one player in before deadline. 

CB is an absolute must and then I’d say a striker to make the most of the Bruno signing. Wood can’t make the runs needed and Wilson will break down again. I feel we’re covered  elsewhere and hopefully stay up and go again in the summer.

To be honest, if it's only one addition, it would be a failure to address a pressing problem in our team, that is the CB position.  What we have now is not good enough, but surely even if we can get the best players right now like Botman and Carlos, it'd be criminal not to get anyone that is better than what we currently have. Surely, a loan or even a permanent deal can be done for someone better than Ciaran Clark or Lascelles.

If the @Ando7 surprise is Dembele, I won't say I'd be really excited based on his horrendous injury record at Barca. If he suddenly turns out vital and plays a pivotal role in our team like the influence Yaya Toure had at City, then it's well worth it but it's a big gamble. Dreaming of Muller if it could ever happen.

Edited by nufcjb