More transfer rumours

midds

Guest reefatoon

The attack also desperately needs an upgrade too. Bruno looks like he threads lots of balls through and Wood isn’t the type of player to get on those. We need someone in that can get on those passes. Someone with pace. Would be an uncomfortable second half of the season if we were to rely on what we currently have up top, especially with how fragile they are.

Edited by reefatoon

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Getting a quality CB and Zapata in will all but confirm us staying up, most likely. Don't see Zapata happening though maybe not even a top quality Cb. 

Linked with Zapata again today in the sunday express!

Interestingly the initial budget was £50m and I think only the injury to Wilson has got them going over that. The £10m for Dan burn would be £55m and then the £25m for Wood. I get FFP but I honestly thought we’d spend a bit more to get out of the mess and an initial upgrade. 

all guesswork depending on last 2 days business but I hope I’m wrong and we get a couple more in 

Edited by gdm

On 29/01/2022 at 08:19, Ben said:

Lascelles must be a good captain around the club.

Agreed, it’s not just Howe that refused to drop him as captain, Last 3 managers have kept him in team as captain now so must be different on training ground.

For me though trippier is showing the stuff captains should have with trying to get everyone to applaud fans after defeat and his statement of training and hitting gym to set a good example etc.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

No idea why. We need new GK(s) medium term but CB and/or another forward are more important iyam.

GK's can transform a defence tbf, we've seen that ourselves. 

Improving in Dubs (who looks short of confidence at the moment) would be a good move imo