More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Think I'd rather we brought a young CDM in tbh, Bissouma would be expected to start which makes our midfield options clunkier than I believe they should be at the minute.

Bissouma, Joelinton and Bruno would be pretty hard to maintain when all are fit.

Strength in depth is something we have lacked for so long. We gave always been an injury away from trotble, top clubs double up quality for each position.

6 minutes ago, Skirge said:

Strength in depth is something we have lacked for so long. We gave always been an injury away from trotble, top clubs double up quality for each position.

Yeah I get that, but where we're currently at, having all 3 seems like it would be hard, atleast the money could probably be spent improving other areas of the pitch. 

In a few years we will hopefully be able to carry 2 quality players in each position but I think we'd be best off trying to cover with youth talent who will be cheaper and more willing to sit on the bench.

I get the feeling a lot of people are happy to sacrifice Joelinton from the side in the summer but I think it would be a massive mistake personally.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I don’t think it would be wild to suggest we’ll be in for Botman, Nunez and Paqueta in the summer as 3 high end deals. Supplement them with a couple of younger promising players and I think we’d be looking at top half next season.

Edited by Whitley mag

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I don’t think it would be wild to suggest we’ll be in for Botman, Nunez and Paqueta in the summer as 3 high end deals. Supplement them with a couple of younger promising players and I think we’d be looking at top half next season.

We should be walking the Championship to be honest. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

We should be walking the Championship to be honest. 

Yes, some people seem to forget that going into February, we have only won 2 games in PL. It’s long and hard survival fight ahead of us and we only signed one attacking player during January. I personally will already start preparing for season in Championship and hopefully these new signings will stay with us there.

5 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Yes, some people seem to forget that going into February, we have only won 2 games in PL. It’s long and hard survival fight ahead of us and we only signed one attacking player during January. I personally will already start preparing for season in Championship and hopefully these new signings will stay with us there.

We didn’t spend almost 100mil to prepare for a season in the championship ffs. 

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You could argue 3 of the 4 signings stay comfortably in either division. Targett also if we decide to sign him. Doubt Bruno would jump ship so quick either. 

50 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

100 million is not worth any points, we still have to win games to stay in PL. I’m glad we spent that much, but it’s not worth anything unless we do better on the pitch. Some people seem to think that spending money means staying in the league, but it would still be almost miracle to stay in the league with our record so far.

22 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Almost a miracle ???

2 wins in 21 games, no other team with these stats have survived in PL. Obviously we have chance because other teams are so poor. But no team that has started (and continued) the season with our stats has survived in this league, so hopefully we are first. Even Norwich has won 4 games.

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Bissouma, Joelinton and Bruno would be pretty hard to maintain when all are fit.

To be honest, unless Big Joe performs at an insane level for the rest of the season, I don’t think he should be anywhere near the starting eleven next season after a recruitment drive. 

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, peder said:

its only us and burnley with 2 wins or less tho. Watford have Norwich have 4?

We are fortunate that the league is stinking this year and so many teams are still around us even though we have only won 2 games. The stats from the past don’t really match up to this season due to that. We were lucky we picked this year to start utter wank

4 hours ago, Elephant said:

2 wins in 21 games, no other team with these stats have survived in PL. Obviously we have chance because other teams are so poor. But no team that has started (and continued) the season with our stats has survived in this league, so hopefully we are first. Even Norwich has won 4 games.

No body else has spent this much to either. 

5 hours ago, Elephant said:

Leicester had never won the PL before they did, that’s football. Stats and records are there to be broken.

It’s interesting because the original stat was “nobody has ever survived with 1 win in their first 14 games”, well Everton have just gone their most recent 14 games with only one win. In our sequence we actually got more points too.

You survive by being slightly better than three other teams, at this current rate that doesn’t look too difficult.

6 hours ago, Elephant said:

Loads of teams have stayed up when only one point off 17th with 17 games to play, which seems far more relevant.