More transfer rumours

midds

32 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Wasn't  aware Ben Brereton-Diaz was out of contract. Poor second half of the season mind.

He's not, Rovers took their option to extend for a year. They'll make some money on him now as there's no way he's staying.

Just now, tom1988 said:

He's not, Rovers took their option to extend for a year. They'll make some money on him now as there's no way he's staying.

Interesting to see how he does in the PL, I'm not so sure he's good enough tbh, he doesn't look quick enough, like the sort of player who benefits from the Championship defenders lack of acceleration / quick thinking.

54 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We do if his agent is to be believed, he was talking about qualifying for the champions league relatively quickly.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about "challenging" those places. That would seem like a drop from actually playing in the CL with Lyon, so his project is in line with our own.

Just the way I read it.

Howe revealed that Mings and Ake, both left-footed central defenders, had been "fighting for the same shirt" but the battle was ultimately won by the Netherlands international, as Mings joined Villa for £25m this summer.

Villa made their top-flight return against Tottenham on Saturday, producing a strong performance despite eventually losing 3-1, with Mings among the players to stand out and new boss Dean Smith thinks he is good enough to earn an England call-up in the near future.

That opinion was echoed by Howe, who was full of superlatives for the 26-year-old, admitting that he has been unfortunate with injuries on the south coast and that he was looking forward to catching up with the player.

"Tyrone Mings has got all the attributes (to play for England)," Howe said on Friday. "He's been unfortunate with injuries. He was never able to get that run in the team that he wanted."

"He was fighting with Nathan Ake for the same shirt. It's no surprise he's done so well at Aston Villa. He'll have that in his mind (England) as something he can achieve."

"My players know how good Tyrone Mings is, having trained with him over a long period of time. We know him well, he knows us well."

"There's no doubting his qualities as a player. Very good on the ball, very athletic, very strong and very good in the air."

6 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I know a few on here weren't keen on this move, but I like it. 

Hasn't played as much recently, but I do recall him keeping De Gea out at one point and doing well for Man United, and previously he did really well for Sheffield United on loan in their first season back in the prem.

Still really young too, especially for the goalkeeper position, and getting in young English players with a really good pedigree should still be done whenever possible I think.

Be interesting to see what the fee is, if this eventually gets confirmed.

Just now, KaKa said:

I know a few on here weren't keen on this move, but I like it. 

Hasn't played as much recently, but I do recall him keeping De Gea out at one point and doing well for Man United, and previously he did really well for Sheffield United on loan in their first season back in the prem.

Still really young too, especially for the goalkeeper position, and getting in young English players with a really good pedigree should still be done whenever possible I think.

Be interesting to see what the fee is, if this eventually gets confirmed.

Be shocked if it isn’t a loan deal