More transfer rumours

midds

That would mean Dubs is out then, we might see £15m for him. I think Dubravka is a good keeper overall but he defo lacks in the physical aspect, when coming for the ball from corners/freekicks especially hes not as confident or imposing as he could be and opts to punch alot when other keepers could catch. Henderson would probably be an upgrade. 

Also age is in Hendersons favour and goes without saying that hes much better with his feet. 

Edited by Nine

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Dubravka is 33 years old, and has his iffy moments.

Well worth getting in Henderson at 25 years old, who has shown a lot of promise when he has started games in the prem.

Could see this working out really well in the way the Ramsdale transfer ultimately did for Arsenal, despite a lot of scepticism at the time.

Would set us up with a long term home grown prospect between the sticks.

If this is indeed a loan, I’ll be more relaxed about it.

I just don’t see Henderson’s quality to be honest, which is my overriding concern with any move.

The only thing that puts me off Henderson is that he was pretty much confirmed as the person in the dressing room that was leaking shit to the press, and given how much stock Eddie has puts on the right types of characters it makes me think he may be a bad apple. @Froggy may know more admittedly. 

Just now, Nine said:

That would mean Dubs is out then, we might see £15m for him. I think Dubravka is a good keeper overall but he defo lacks in the physical aspect, when coming for the ball from corners/freekicks especially hes not as confident or imposing as he could be and opts to punch alot when other keepers could catch. Henderson would probably be an upgrade. 

I think Darlow and Woodman are more likely to move on than Dubs. They’re definitely looking to increase competition.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Only thing I remember Wilder saying about him was how much he was missed last season when he went back to Man Utd.  He’s good with his feet but obviously not as good as the 2 you mentioned 

Found it. He didn't really dig him out tbf. It was after a mistake against Liverpool.

"I’m not going to put my arm around him. He wants to play at the highest level, he wants to play for Manchester United, he wants to play for England. He’s got to do a bit better, he’s got to concentrate a bit more.

He replaced De Gea at about 23 didn’t he? 

I’m up for it, obviously I haven’t seen him play much but I trust our recruitment completely at this point. 

Dubs is hard to judge, looks OK if we’re on top and he has one save to make. But in other periods he lacks the authority. 

Just now, christ said:

I think Darlow and Woodman are more likely to move on than Dubs. They’re definitely looking to increase competition.

Darlow seems to have almost moved to Boro for 3/4 windows in a row. They're linked again so wouldn't be shocked if that finally happens. 

1 minute ago, christ said:

There is no chance Dubs stays just to compete for the number 1 shirt imo, hes been here 5 years now and will surely move on if Henderson comes in. At his age he will get one more nice contract elsewhere.

Edited by Nine

Never been impressed with him the handful of times I’ve seen him play for SU against us and when he got a run in MU’s first team. 

If he’s coming as 2nd choice to replace Darlow on a 12 month no obligation loan but a low agreed fee if we decide to keep him then fair enough.

If we are thinking of paying £40m for him then I’d concerned, especially as that is 1/3 of what I think we’ll spend in the summer. For those figures I’d want a massive upgrade on Dubs not someone who looks inferior albeit from a handful of games.

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

There is no chance Dubs stays just to compete for the number 1 shirt imo, hes been here 5 years now and will surely move on if Henderson comes in. At his age he will get one more nice contract elsewhere.

All speculation on my part, but my feeling is the club want to shift the deadwood first. We won’t see many current first teamers leave unless they personally really want to go and at the moment I don’t see that being an issue. 

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

The only thing that puts me off Henderson is that he was pretty much confirmed as the person in the dressing room that was leaking shit to the press, and given how much stock Eddie has puts on the right types of characters it makes me think he may be a bad apple. @Froggy may know more admittedly. 

I didn't really see much to suggest it was Henderson. Lingard and Rashford were the main suspects.

I get professional vibes from Henderson. I don't think you'd have any bother with his character.

41 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Feels like Man U are desperate to offload him for whatever reason. 

He's worth a significant amount, and we have a much better keeper than him as our #1 who still has many years left.

He has a contract until 2025. Now is the time to cash in.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He's worth a significant amount, and we have a much better keeper than him as our #1 who still has many years left.

He has a contract until 2025. Now is the time to cash in.

I've not seen much of him. Is he any good?

47 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Feels like Man U are desperate to offload him for whatever reason. 

It's the same sort of problem Chelsea have with Kepa. Your backup keeper shouldn't be on more £100k a week. Henderson is on £120k per week, De Gea is on £375k pw. They're paying £500k a week just to their goalkeepers. 

26 minutes ago, Nine said:

Also age is in Hendersons favour and goes without saying that hes much better with his feet. 

We are trying to build a squad. Why would it mean Dubravka gets sold?

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

We are trying to build a squad. Why would it mean Dubravka gets sold?

Because I doubt that Henderson will move here on loan at the risk of sitting on the bench all season, it makes total sense for him to move now for a number 1 spot.