More transfer rumours

midds

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

sell Gillespie 

I actually think Gillespie is a perfect third choice. Will never rock the boat as he is just happy to be here. Would say it's far more likely this means the end for Woodman (as well as Darlow). 

24 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I actually think Gillespie is a perfect third choice. Will never rock the boat as he is just happy to be here. Would say it's far more likely this means the end for Woodman (as well as Darlow). 

You could get decent money for Woodman and Darlow. Not so much Gillespie. If we’re as concerned with generating cash as is suggested it’s a no brainier.

As for Henderson -

Shot stopping - about equal to Dubravka;

Distribution - better than Dubravka.

So all in all, an upgrade on a position that many on here would agree isn't a top priority. And if it's a loan with option, all the better. No transfer fee to improve a position, and if we find someone else in the next year, we can send him back.

It's mildly disappointing that the first transfer business we do isn't a foreign superstar, but it's clever, and quick business to get a English player in early doors. I'm all for it.

Whenever Dubs is injured we have a massive drop off in quality at GK, it has cost us points the last few seasons. A new keeper as a reserve at a minimum is a must, if Henderson can also provide competition for the starting slot great.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

My goodness ... not surprised. The way they've kept insisting that the spend and improvement will be very gradual lets you know something was up.

Think we probably spent a bit more than originally planned in January to make sure we stayed up, and so that has to be taken into account too.

Still have faith in Eddie to pull off a blinder and find some great value out there that he'll get the very best out of. Bring it on.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I rated Henderson highly at SU. But he was awful at times for Man U as #1. His positioning for a particular Salah goal was the worst i've seen from a top level GK.

1 mistake aye but it always stood out

Video-Salah-makes-it-4-2-to-Liverpool-vs

Everyone is awful in a Man U shirt theese days!😄