More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

So they're going to enforce the rules and make sure we stick to them? That's.....a shame....

So long as they are the same rules Man City and Everton adhere to.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Just as soon as their five year investigation into Citeh concludes; that they can assure the government that Chelski haven't breached sanctions; and that the write down on Everton's squad value is entirely due to Covid.

Bump this thread in 2030.

Aye that's a load of clickbait shite. No way does the league monitor spending unless its outright breaking rules/FFP.

6 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

In order of preference Nunez, Toney, Calvert-Lewin and Bamford.

Also think a lot of soundbites about us having a limited budget is to lower expectations a bit and as a negotiating tactic for other clubs to think we don't have loads to spend. Like Bruno if there's a player we really want and is open to coming but costs a within reason wedge, we'll pay it.

16 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Very very talented. Came back recently from a serious injury I think.  Gouiri that is. 

I really like him. Been playing as a second striker this season, and has apparently said he prefers that to coming in from the left where he can also play as well.

Would be a nice addition as a second striker alongside Wilson, in a similar fashion to the way Josh King was used playing off Wilson. Gouiri plays with a lot more technique and flair though. Would be an exciting addition.

Think we're more likely to get someone like him instead of Nunez, as Nunez is attracting way too much attention now.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

I really like him. Been playing as a second striker this season, and has apparently said he prefers that to coming in from the left where he can also play as well.

Would be a nice addition as a second striker alongside Wilson, in a similar fashion to the way Josh King was used playing off Wilson.

Gouiri plays with a lot more technique and flair though. Would be an exciting addition.

But.....but......I want Paqueta there.

Just now, madras said:

But.....but......I want Paqueta there.

Yeah ... a lot of folks do, but I'm not sure that one happens.

I think Howe is going to be looking to get more of a support striker goal scorer, rather than a number 10 playmaker, because we need more goals in the team.

Plus Paqueta's price has been quoted as £50 million plus, which might be too high, in comparison to some of the other options we could explore.

Miguel Delaney is a Man Utd fan is he not? Wonder how he feels about Man Utd willingly accepting our blood money for their goalie. 

I'm sure he'll be absolutely disgusted and will be boycotting the club. 

That's providing he does support Man Utd like. 

:lol: Man Utd cant even sign players.

BTW, how mint is it that Wan-Bissaka is available to buy and not one of us thinks he would be a good signing. Can see him at Roma or the likes.

Howe says he will also play the loan market. “We had Matty Targett and that’s an example of how well the market can work. I’m certainly not against it, I love and have used the loan market in the past. It’s about getting the right player and if that means it’s a loan, it’s a loan. “One thing I will say on the loans, it’ll be very similar to the Matty Targett, it’ll be with a view potentially to signing that player. They are the best loans because the player is invested in the club.”

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Be interesting to see where Nunez ends up if he's prioritising the Champions League.

Only Arsenal somehow sneak in the champions league on the final day, i can’t see him coming to the premier league.

Could get Gouiri and Ekitike for less than the price of Nunez. If I was to spend that amount of money I think I’d go for the former two and not Nunez. I can see him flopping, especially at a club that has a lot of possession and play against teams playing deep mostly. Haven’t really seen much at all of Ekitike tbh, just read about him. 

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Only Arsenal somehow sneak in the champions league on the final day, i can’t see him coming to the premier league.

Yeah, it's been mostly prem teams I've seen him linked with, and like you said, only Arsenal have a slight chance of the Champions League of the teams linked.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Could get Gouiri and Ekitike for less than the price of Nunez. If I was to spend that amount of money I think I’d go for the former two and not Nunez. I can see him flopping, especially at a club that has a lot of possession and play against teams playing deep mostly. Haven’t really seen much at all of Ekitike tbh, just read about him. 

Yeah, most Benfica fans I’ve spoken to seem not to rate him all that highly (crazy when you look at his record).

Gouriri is an interesting one; a departure from the target-man/ big lad strikers we’ve been linked to but he looks so silky. I’d be all for that.

Edited by McCormick

25 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, most Benfica fans I’ve spoken to seem not to rate him all that highly (crazy when you look at his record).

Gouriri is an interesting one; a departure from the target-man/ big lad strikers we’ve been linked to but he looks so silky. I’d be all for that.

Why don't you ask Felipe Noris or Simon Silva at Benfica of what they think of Darwin Nunez? 5 hat tricks in 2 years. 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

My goodness ... not surprised. The way they've kept insisting that the spend and improvement will be very gradual lets you know something was up.

Think we probably spent a bit more than originally planned in January to make sure we stayed up, and so that has to be taken into account too.

Still have faith in Eddie to pull off a blinder and find some great value out there that he'll get the very best out of. Bring it on.

We offered 35mil for Botmn but paid 15mil for Burn. We offered 25mil for a LB and got Targett on loan. We supposedly offered 60 mil for Cannibaga and got Bruno for 40.