More transfer rumours

midds

3 hours ago, Cronky said:

Long term I think the club is trying to achieve top four and trophies, but realistically that won't happen quickly. Most of the top players will opt for clubs in the Champions League, and so some of our targets will be beyond our reach, even if we're able to compete financially. And there seems to be more impetus behind the enforcing of FFP than previously. If it happens, it'll happen in stages.

I think Tarkowski is as good an option as MIngs and will be much cheaper. Neither of them are what you might call 'top class', but I doubt whether that's a realistic aim just yet anyway. However, we don't have a player like McGinn, and whilst his ball-winning abilities are his chief asset, he's not at all bad when it comes to distribution. Villa will be very reluctant to let him go, but if there's a chance, I'd sign him.

Don't rate either at all and would not have them at any stage. With Fernandez probably on his way and possibly (maybe) Lascelles, then I can understand Tarkiwski on a free as a squad player, but I still would be looking to bring in a top level centre half also.

I'd love Scamacca here and I reckon he would be someone Howe would take on as a challenge to mold and make a true superstar - raw, yet with bags of potential; energetic; grafts hard from the front; plus a bit of radge.

In saying that, I've realised that we've built up a really "likeable" squad here, and that's part of why we've enjoyed this season as much as we have. Apart from ASM (who is just a bit whingey), we don't have the really cynical jerks, of that ilk that make people dislike teams like Everton's. Our lads are wholesome, happy winners.

Another name to throw into the hat you just have to look at the impact the likes of Thiago silva make at Chelsea. But Kalidou Koulibaly contract runs out in 2023 so maybe a cut price deal at his age of 30 could be struck. 20-30 mil.

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

But nothing. ‘BUT’ is the source (whatever it is). The tweet states we scouted him in his game last week. 

Yep it's this report from the "butfootballclub" website - which interestingly states our scouts were watching FOUR players - Paqueta, Ludovic Blas (which we were linked with in January), Moses Simon, and Tete.

https://www.butfootballclub.fr/ol/mercato/fc-nantes-ol-info-but-newcastle-persiste-a-lyon-et-s-invite-aussi-a-nantes--773912

This is the gist of it in English:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/20/newcastle-scout-four-players-in-one-game-including-67m-world-star/

26 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I'd love Scamacca here and I reckon he would be someone Howe would take on as a challenge to mold and make a true superstar - raw, yet with bags of potential; energetic; grafts hard from the front; plus a bit of radge.

In saying that, I've realised that we've built up a really "likeable" squad here, and that's part of why we've enjoyed this season as much as we have. Apart from ASM (who is just a bit whingey), we don't have the really cynical jerks, of that ilk that make people dislike teams like Everton's. Our lads are wholesome, happy winners.

Wilson is a bit of a shithouse on the pitch tbh (love him)

If anyone want's a bit of a laugh, check out this same thread on the Everton forum (just don't be a bell and actually post there) - https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-summer-2022-transfer-thread.114419/page-276 

As soon as they got safety they have reverted back to being completely deluded/not understanding just how fucked they are with their FFP issues. Already talking about signing Connor Gallagher and turning their noses up at Raphinha. 

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

Wilson is a bit of a shithouse on the pitch tbh (love him)

The thing about Wilson's shithousery is that it is a lot more subtle than what Gordon and Richarlison get up to on a weekly basis - never to the extent that it becomes part of his "brand". It's a great skill, that, knowing when to rein it in, and it's part of what makes him a top-class player. Shearer was ace at it himself.

Scamacca, Schick, Isak, Calvert-Lewin - we've obviously got a "type", big lads who can handle playing up front on their own.

Schick is still my #1. I like the extra bit of experience he has over the 20-23 year olds and he's coming off a good season rather than the out-of-form Isak and DCL who has had a disrupted year through injury. I also like that he's played in Germany so the cold won't bother him ;D

Yeah there does appear to be a dearth of potential centre forward signings. I remember around 2010-2012 there being loads of big name forwards at European clubs who were talked about and all went on to make big moves. Aguero, Suarez, Falcao, Cavani etc. Even at a lower level the likes of Giroud and Aubameyang in Ligue 1.

I'm not convinced by Nunez from what I've seen of him. Certainly not at the prices quoted.

46 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Scamacca, Schick, Isak, Calvert-Lewin - we've obviously got a "type", big lads who can handle playing up front on their own.

Schick is still my #1. I like the extra bit of experience he has over the 20-23 year olds and he's coming off a good season rather than the out-of-form Isak and DCL who has had a disrupted year through injury. I also like that he's played in Germany so the cold won't bother him ;D

Schick is my number 1 choice 

left field - Nkuku - that’s our Aguero signing 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Schick would be very price dependant, he'd be a massive gamble.

FWIW Leverkusen have said he’s staying regardless - very unlike then to come out with a public statement 

23 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Yeah there does appear to be a dearth of potential centre forward signings. I remember around 2010-2012 there being loads of big name forwards at European clubs who were talked about and all went on to make big moves. Aguero, Suarez, Falcao, Cavani etc. Even at a lower level the likes of Giroud and Aubameyang in Ligue 1.

I'm not convinced by Nunez from what I've seen of him. Certainly not at the prices quoted.

A dearth? We’ve been linked to loads! Schick, Scamacca, DCL, Nunez, J.David, Osimhen, Isak, Dybala, Leao, Rashford, Nkunku, Etikite, Kalajdzic, Gouiri, Depay….