More transfer rumours

midds

Would love Jesus. Only concern is if Spotrac is accurate he's been on £90k for the past four years? Have to expect he's going to want a hefty salary bump. The sort of player we should at least be putting the feelers out for though.

EDIT: Fuck knows why I said 'only concern' as if money is the only reason we wouldn't be top of his list. :lol: 

Edited by wormy

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Would love Jesus. Only concern is if Spotrac is accurate he's been on £90k for the past four years? Have to expect he's going to want a hefty salary bump. The sort of player we should at least be putting the feelers out for though.

I think if we had a chance there (and I dont think we do) then you're brining him in as your #1 striker for the next however many years and you'd expect to pay him comfortably more than £100k/week.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I think if we had a chance there (and I dont think we do) then you're brining him in as your #1 striker for the next however many years and you'd expect to pay him comfortably more than £100k/week.

You got in there with the 'if' before I added an edit. :thup: Agreed on him being #1 if we managed to get him but just imagine persuading him would involve £150k+, let alone £100k+ and can understand the club not wanting to let wages start skyrocketing too fast.

Abraham is very good all round, no doubt about it. Seems to have packed on some more size in Italy which will make his general hold up play better again, he can play as a complete striker for sure. Good at playing off the shoulder although tends to get caught offside a fair bit (should get better with time) and obviously is a ready built target man.. the lad literally has it all for me. 

Edited by Nine

57 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely Jesus is worth an enquiry, obviously looked as though Arsenal where definitely getting him, but them not getting champions league will surely change things.

Sign all the Brazilians!

An impressive number of elite players have contracts expiring in 2023. There's pretty much a title winning team here on the first page, all potentially available for free next year.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2023&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Guest HTT II

Abraham isn’t a clinical goalscorer, which is rare these days anyways, those that are tend to be elite or purely penalty box players. He’s an elite level all-rounder of a centre-forward for me though or has that potential. He can play wide either side in a front 3 or central or central on his own. He presses constantly, has pace, can finish with either foot, is decent in the air, is of a good age and has a great character, I’d break the bank for him me.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Agree. Ticks every box and has now played prem and Serie A. He would be great here 

Proved it at several levels, Championship, PL, international and Serie A and with several teams.

2 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'd love Tammy, but he will come with the 'talented young English player' tax, so we'd likely have to pay £50m. But I would honestly take Tammy over most other options. He was good when he left for Roma, and has both improved technically, and bulked up significantly over there. 

The others will cost similar amounts. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Abraham is a good finisher but he doesn’t impress me in general play. 

This is my opinion of him. Has the sniff in front of goal of finding his way on to the end of good opportunities and a solid finisher. Obviously good physicality in terms of pace and size. But never been impressed with his all round game. It’s the big reason I think Tuchel didn’t fancy him at all. 

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

We’re not signing Jesus. For one, his wages would be over double the next highest earner.

He’s on 90k now. Bruno is on 120k. Would he be after 240k+? 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

At 24 - Aguero had scored over 150 professional goals. Including 4 seasons scoring 17+ goals in La Liga and PL.

By way of comparison - Nkuku has 62 professional goals.

I use Aguero as a proxy for a legitimate wonderkid who has delivered to some degree already. I agree with the lad that says there's a dearth of top attacking talent at young ages.

At 24/25 only Tammy, & Rashford spring to mind as players that have multiple seasons in a topflight club scoring 15+ goals in a season and are close to scoring 100+ goals as a pro. Schick is 26 and just scored more than 11 league goals for the first time in his career.

Not to say they can't improve or whatever. But we are talking a lot of money.

Obviously Vlahović, Mbappe & Haaland are out on their own and have already secured massive transfers.

Nkuku is not really an out and out striker is he though? Played most of his games as a midfielder or a winger until very recently I think. 

Just after the 14 minute mark in Howe's pre Burnley presser he's asked about Henderson and, while dismissing the suggestion we are close to signing anyone, he says 'we're not at any advanced stage with that'. I wonder if this was a slight slip which reveals we are in for Henderson? Watched it a couple of times and cant be sure if he's speaking generally or specifically about a Henderson deal.

Link to press conference: https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/howe-pre-burnley-a-media-briefing-21-22/