More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Bemused why some fans are so keen to sell the best players; ASM, Wilson, Dubs,  Lascelles have all had people saying time to cash in. 

The old adage is pretty true; never sell your best players. imo none of the starters from the last season should be sold as there’s is a total absence of depth in the squad. The players to shift are the ones who couldn’t get a game

Assume you are on the wind up saying Lascelles ?

1 hour ago, M1tche said:

If the rumours are ture and we're looking to sign Paqueta and Ekitike then i could see us looking to cash in on St Max this summer. Both those 2 look like they use the ball really well and also have that can beat a man x factor about them, where I think St Max is more exciting, but his ball usage  is lacking at times and sometimes tries 1 trick too many. I'd love to have all 3, but i dont think we're at the stage of having players of that quality not playing week in week out unless we switch to a 4-2-3-1.

I hope Paqueta wouldn't come here to compete with our wingers for playing time. 

Haidara would be a great signing and would probably be cheaper than Paqueta. I still think we won't sign a midfielder and we'll just go with the 5 we already have, maybe giving Hayden his squad space back (especially if Ekitike is our only striker, meaning Gayle's empty space could go elsewhere.)

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Assume you are on the wind up saying Lascelles ?

Lascelles is fine as the 4th/5th CB. I feel he just didn't take the pressure role the past year and regressed from pushing at the England door under Rafa, monitoring or preparing a bid for knocking on the England door maybe. Losing the captaincy might be good for him.

We could however get some sort of money for him this window before he becomes like Clark, Fernandez, Gayle etc. that won't fetch much more than a penny or two. I don't see us signing more than one CB this window and if Howe does want to play 3 at the back we will need him. Would prefer him to Dummett and Fernandez (who is now another year older and over half a season out of match fitness). Ideally we bring in two CB's this window or one now and one in January. There are too many other positions needing attention though imo. 

If I could choose one CM that isn’t an attacking one as Paqueta then I’d pick Seko Fofana. Can’t believe that no one has bought him yet? Might not be a priority but imho he’s a must buy anyway considering how good he is and that he seems available and also for a decent price by the sounds of it.  Anyone know why he hasn’t moved yet?

We don’t necessarily need a pure DM in there imo. Just need to get the balance right and get someone physical and athletic in. Fofana has everything you need in a box to box midfielder. Strong, quick, technical ability, goals, passing, dribbling. I’m pretty certain that he would be one of the buys of the summer if he comes to the PL. 

Just now, Ikon said:

If I could choose one CM that isn’t an attacking one as Paqueta then I’d pick Seko Fofana. Can’t believe that no one has bought him yet? Might not be a priority but imho he’s a must buy anyway considering how good he is and that he seems available and also for a decent price by the sounds of it.  Anyone know why he hasn’t moved yet?

We don’t necessarily need a pure DM in there imo. Just need to get the balance right and get someone physical and athletic in. Fofana has everything you need in a box to box midfielder. Strong, quick, technical ability, goals, passing, dribbling. I’m pretty certain that he would be one of the buys of the summer if he comes to the PL. 

Fofana would be great. Such a specimen and a wicked shot on him.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Agree. Too good to miss out on. Bruno gets injured and we are not looking good at all in CM imo.  The winning run we had without him was good but we can’t rely on that. Would be naive to think otherwise. CM need strengthening too. Such an important area of the pitch. Control midfield and a lot is won. 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Ekitike isn’t PL-ready imo. He’ll play second fiddle to Wilson until his inevitable season-ending injury, maybe a few cameos before that.

But he was ready to play against PSG last season?

lots of poor teams in the premier league from 12th onwards 

13 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Agree. Too good to miss out on. Bruno gets injured and we are not looking good at all in CM imo.  The winning run we had without him was good but we can’t rely on that. Would be naive to think otherwise. CM need strengthening too. Such an important area of the pitch. Control midfield and a lot is won. 

Especially when you consider our possession stats in most games even with Bruno were not great.

20 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Fofana and Paqueta is the dream. We definitely need a bit more steel at the back of the midfield and Fofana can play in multiple roles in the centre. Also really need a number 10.  

Its possible Howe could try ASM in the 10 free role. I would sure like to see Miggy given the chance with better players around him too. I think both won't be the priority, but neither will be signing as many of 8-10 players this window to facilitate the overhaul we dream of!

7 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Calvert-Lewin would be class, I'm not sure what people who are against it are basing it on other than him missing most of this season?

I don't have too many concerns about his quality [although I haven't really seen enouh to judge] but we're specifically looking for a forward who can step in should Wilson get injured. His absence this season is a concern for that very reason. Spending £40 million on a solution you better hope it is the solution.

Unless we're looking at him being first choice, which is where I can't compare. I've seen Wilson in full action, everything he does, but I've really only seen DCLs goals/assists. As such Wilson appears to be better of the two.

44 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-transfer-rumours-midfielder-24024883

With Longstaff signed, and Bruno established as first name on the team sheet,  reckon we’d have to sell (Shelvey?) if this is still a goer given their PL survival. 

The source on that article is Sean Casey the Kurt Zouma meow guy :lol:

27 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The source on that article is Sean Casey the Kurt Zouma meow guy :lol:

"Journalist, Sean Casey" What a fucking joke man. This guy is a bigger bullshit merchant than Burnsie. Have him blocked because he chats pure shit, just says what he knows the fans want to hear.

Was thinking about left footed right wingers we could get and I just remembered the Brazilian Matheus Pereira who was at West Brom when they were last in the premier league.

The guy had 11 goals and 6 assists in his one premier league season, and always looked a real threat. In his championship season to help them get promoted he had 8 goals and 20 assists!

His premier league stats compare quite favourably to Raphinha's and they are both the same age and height.

Thing is he left West Brom for Al Hilal in Saudi of all places, and so we can even have a chat with the owners to make something happen there!

Edited by KaKa

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Was thinking about left footed right wingers we could get and I just remembered the Brazilian Matheus Pereira who was at West Brom when they were last in the premier league.

The guy had 11 goals and 6 assists in his one premier league season, and always looked a real threat. In his championship season to help them get promoted he had 8 goals and 20 assists!

His premier league stats compare quite favourably to Raphinha's and they are both the same age and height.

Thing is he left West Brom for Al Hilal in Saudi of all places, and so we can even have a chat with the owners to make something happen there!

He looked very decent for WBA, good shout!

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Has a player ever left an established league for a ‘money league’ for a couple of seasons, then returned as good, or better, than when they left?

Sure there are examples, but can’t think of any of the top of my head.

1 minute ago, Ando7 said:

not long now,medicals booked in

Any particular reason you've quoted that from back when Bruce was sacked?

Feel like it could have a hidden message [emoji38]