More transfer rumours

midds

Guest reefatoon
23 minutes ago, Ben said:

I take it all this means Almiron is staying 

It’s the 8th of June [emoji38]

50 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Just thinking if we miss out on Botman, Davinson Sanchez would be a good alternative, 

you can never buy a player from Spurs under Levy - no point even putting a fair bid in

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I would like to see us get Brentford’s keeper if Henderson (if a no go)

David Raya

I would have preferred Nick Pope over Henderson anyway 

It’s gonna be interesting to see where Howe sees Ekitike, I’m sure he will get a good chunk of minutes at RW but I personally think his biggest part to play next season will be as 2nd choice behind Wilson. If we sign an out and out RW like we’ve been linked with it would suggest that Howes sees him centrally. 3 central strikers is plenty of competition for that spot for us imo, when you start talking 4 the position gets overly congested and players might start to think they won’t get a chance and kick up a bit. Wood must be kind of sick that he signed, started for the vast period post Jan and 6 months later is down a 3rd choice.. down to his lack of goals of course.

Just now, Nine said:

It’s gonna be interesting to see where Howe sees Ekitike, I’m sure he will get a good chunk of minutes at RW but I personally think his biggest part to play next season will be as 2nd choice behind Wilson. If we sign an out and out RW like we’ve been linked with it would suggest that Howes sees him centrally. 3 central strikers is plenty of competition for that spot for us imo, when you start talking 4 the position gets overly congested and players might start to think they won’t get a chance and kick up a bit. Wood must be kind of sick that he signed, started for the vast period post Jan and 6 months later is down a 3rd choice.. down to his lack of goals of course.

From what I've seen of Ekiteke he would make a fantastic foil for Wilson, just playing off him maybe. At a pinch he could probably sub for him as an out and out striker if Wilson was out injured but I can definitely see them both in the same side.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

From what I've seen of Ekiteke he would make a fantastic foil for Wilson, just playing off him maybe. At a pinch he could probably sub for him as an out and out striker if Wilson was out injured but I can definitely see them both in the same side.

Been day dreaming at work today of Erikson on a free, Paqueta, Ekitike and a Diaby type. Centre half and I'm good to go for next season.

I'm sure Targett and if the stories of Erikson meeting with Howe next week are true leaves sizeable monies to keep well inside FFP.

13 minutes ago, Nine said:

I don't think Wood will regret signing if he's third choice it's still very possible he will play a big part next season. Wilson is injury prone and we're not going to expect a younger striker to start every game.

Edited by WillingtonMag

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Journalists bang on the money with this one, as usual, eh? Remember that talk-in Caulkin, Hope, and Douglas did?

Things change tbf. Can’t deny the club were actively looking elsewhere 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Things change tbf. Can’t deny the club were actively looking elsewhere 

:lol:

And this is why they’ll always get away with being shite.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

This deal for Targett has snuck up on everyone. Came right out the blue today.

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Yep.

Ultimately, they know very little until a day or two before a transfer might happen.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

This deal for Targett has snuck up on everyone. Came right out the blue today 

Yes, but there actually job is for information not to come right out of the blue?

How did their sources not already know that Eddie had him lined up 3 weeks ago? Hardly out of the blue.

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

Journalists bang on the money with this one, as usual, eh? Remember that talk-in Caulkin, Hope, and Douglas did?

What did they say? I'm loving this journalists being mugged off, like. Chancers to begin with most of them, they deserve fuck all. To hear Targett say Howe told him after Burnley he wanted to sign him was mint. If anyone had any kind of ITK they surely must have been able to get some wind of that kind of sentiment. Makes the umpteen desperate losers trying to get some ITK Twitter following or YouTube channel look even worse as well. Love to see it.